750ss Cafe Racer. First time project

All the wiring diagrams I have only show the general relay and the flasher relay. What colours are the wires to it?

I've checked wiring diagrams for 600/750/900 Monsters. None of them have 3 relays. All of them have one relay, a flasher unit and of course the starter solenoid.
The only grey wire showing on any pre-injection Monster wiring diagram is from the sidestand warning light to the sidestand switch.
The only red/black wire is from fuse 2 to the kill switch which then goes on to provide a feed to the coils and the starter button. On early models the red/black wire also provides an ignition sense to the voltage regulator.
So I'm none the wiser what that socket is for. :confused:
I suggest you check the loom and find out where each wire comes from. It shouldn't be too hard with a multimeter set to read continuity.

Checked my M900 and the Haynes manual.
- grey is sidestand switch to sidestand light.
- red-black is rectifier to fuse box, and charging circuit fuse to starter relay/solenoid
- indicator relay is pink and light blue with an earth (3 pin)
- main relay is 4 pin -earth, red, brown and white-red

Can't work out where this goes!

I suspect it goes on the steering, but I can't find a diagram that shows it

Gap between sprocket carrier and wheel!

:flash:There is a gap of just under 1mm, as can be seen in the photo

Is this correct

The wheel bearing is seated properly and I cannot see a way of getting the carrier any closer to the wheel

The cush drive rubbers are fully seated as well

Yes, that's normal. My 907 uses the same arrangement and it has a similar gap. The pins on the sprocket carrier slide into the cush drive bushes until they bottom out.

Can't think what it is. There's nothing like that at either the steering head nor the front forks.

Pretty sure its item 1 - 0691.37.020 - "Special Washer", it sits on top of the frame when the top yoke is in place.

27.gif

Good Luck

I'm not so sure Frank. The "special washer" isn't flat.

Screenshot%2B2014-12-17%2B13.33.10.png

I remember it as being cup-shaped, as a sort of seal to help keep out dirt and water.

Update March 2015. Nearly ready for the road. Help and advice needed

Well its almost ready for an mot

It fired up first time (once the fuel got through)

The seat has been covered

The brake discs and calipers have been painted and are waiting to be assembled

One thing I need is a speedo cable

The one I have is too short

As I have fitted a speedo from a monster, it is higher and has the same connection at the speedo as it has at the wheel

The question I have is this: are speedo cables generally the same connection type at the wheel, no matter which manufacturer? And I mean generally (This is a 1991 bike)

Thanks

That's been a long time coming. Good to hear that you're nearly there. :)
The speedo connectors are not all the same, although I suspect most Italian ones will be. Carrot Cycles and Venhill Cables can make custom speedo and revcounter cables to order.
Incidentally, you don't need a working speedo for the MoT.

Advice wanted. Anyone in the Leeds area able to help?

As Derek said, its been a long time coming

Just now getting to the later stages of the build and there are a few things I am not sure of

Is there anyone in the Leeds area able to help?

I don't need any work doing but having someone look it over to see any potential problems would be good

Could do with some pointers on various aspects, like where do the fuel line run

Brake lines

Been a long time since my last post

Been ill and started new career so nothing done on the bike

Time to rectify that

As I have fitted a second brake caliper to the front, which year ss900 model braided hoses should I order?

Thanks

It will get finished, promise

Well, this has been in the workshop for a long time.............. waiting

And now the wait is over. It's going off to a Ducati guy to get the engine running correctly

Once that's done, I'm on the case :rolleyes:

IMG_20180909_201729506_zpsa8882oeo.jpg
Update: It's October 21............it didn't go to the Ducati guy......it didn't anywhere

IMG_20170802_141535861_HDR_zpstrbbsfe2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi and long time no.................nothing

I am determined to get this bike on the road so I've got it out and will be servicing the carbs and the front forks to start with. I've done some research but can't find replacement springs? Any advice? Are they the same as the 900ss?:)

This probably won’t help but
if they are both showa fully adjustable forks of the same diameter and length, then there is a good chance that internal parts are interchangeable
I recently changed fork springs on the 996 and s4r both 43mm Showa forks, the springs are exactly the same even though there is 10yrs between the bikes
I could be talking rubbish it’s not unknown :)

Back