30% off everything from Belstaff - just for today

I've heard that look is still der rigueur in York.

View attachment 121600

They are not trainers like back in the day 🤷‍♂️ silly billy 🤪

IMG_0472.webp
 
Back in the day, they should have been white trainers. At least in the more fashionable southern regions of the country.
Though I note with approval what appears to be the tail of a mullet flapping about at the back of your helmet.
Long all round before it fell out :oops: - white trainers were worn by puffta's up here back in the day...
 
Main problem with the Volvo is lack of ground clearance, no under-body protection and an undercarriage that is easily damaged. Also lack of good tyre choices because of the wheel rim sizes. If you sink more than a few inches you're stuffed and then you rip bits off trying to get out.

I nearly bought a 2.4L Suzuki Grand Vitara. Had one of those before and they're superb off-road, probably better than the Freelander, but they also do about 27 mpg. With five years of a Labour government ahead of us I didn't think that was a good idea as I don't possess my own oil refinery.

Did consider a Landcruisers but good ones are too expensive to buy, Shoguns too expensive to run and I didn't want another pickup. There actually isn't a great deal of choice if you want a truly off-road capable SUV, hence the Freelander 2.

Actually, to get back on topic, I think Belstaffs would pair very well with a Landrover. At least they'd keep you dry in the rain when you've got to walk miles to find a phone signal to call the AA.
I loved the Landcruiser I drove when I was abroad.

I never felt so safe travelling sideways whilst crossing a wadi (y)

20191208_142237.webp
20191208_142651.webp


A modern Belstaff - would that have kept me dry if things had gone T-U?
 
I loved the Landcruiser I drove when I was abroad.

I never felt so safe travelling sideways whilst crossing a wadi (y)

View attachment 121608View attachment 121609

A modern Belstaff - would that have kept me dry if things had gone T-U?
They're the best choice in most parts of the world simply because you can always get the parts, included pillar-mounted machine guns in a lot of cases. In the UK, because of Jeremy Clarkson, they're absurdly overpriced on the used market.
I'm sceptical Belstaffs would keep you dry under total submersion. I think they'll leak at the zips. And I'm certain they're neither crocodile nor bullet proof.
 
Are you sure that's abroad? Looks more like Lincolnshire or Somerset after EU environmental management directives had been enacted.
Looks like a typical site where Barrett Homes like to build housing estates.
Had that been in England, you wouldn't have been able to see the horizon.

Living abroad, you notice when you return to this country that your opportunities to actually see the horizon are limited to hilly areas.
 
Long all round before it fell out :oops: - white trainers were worn by puffta's up here back in the day...
They probably still are. Gaying had not been invented in the West Country in the 1980's. It arrived in 1992 when Londoners started buying second homes down there and brought the practice with them.
Back in the day, all young lads lost their virginity to slightly older lady persons whilst wearing white leather boots. We subsequently learned to remove them first for this procedure but nevertheless it proved a solid foundation.
I recall with much fondness a certain lady called Julia who was twenty when I was 16. I used to pretend I was 18 and ride my AP50 to the pub to see her with plastic bread bags over my white boots to keep the cowshit off them.

Had any of my contemporaries been born within sight and earshot of Londonistan I shudder to think how we might have turned out.
 
When I was young we used to nudge Belstaff wearers into the hedge or ditch. It felt like the kindest thing to do with them.

Times sure have changed!

Next step volvo complete with pipe and slippers 🤔🤣

I've only got the Volvo to go. In fact, I nearly bought an XC90 but veered to a Landrover Freelander 2 in the end because I actually need to drive across fields and I don't know anyone called Nigel or Samantha with a Range Rover who can tow me out.

Don't eat sandwiches because I don't eat bread, but I rarely leave the house in my car or van without filling a flask.
Maybe I should be some Belstaffs..

Maybe I'm prejudiced from my youth when Belstaffs weren't considered properly waterproof with water coming in at the zips etc, and when it was said that the wax coating could mark paintwork.
Maybe things are better now.
The only remaining obstacle to becoming a Belstaffer is that, unlike @JAT I am unable to grow convincing sideburns.

IMG_6483.gif
 
Back
Top Bottom