1998 748 Bip Value

sheep911uk

New member
Hi All
I have a Red 1998 748 that is in excellent condition just sitting in my garage, I havent ridden it for the last 2.5 years so I am contemplating selling it.
Its a 1998 biposto with 8k genuine miles on the clock and I am the second owner
The following extras have been added
Gold 5 spoke Marchesini wheels
48mm Carbon Termis and chip
Genuine Monoposto seat unit
Carbon heel plates
Carbon fibre clutch cover
Carbon Front mudgaurd
Carbon exhaust guards
Carbon rear hugger
Carbon swingarm and brake piper guard
I still have a genuine MS production carbon fibre airbox to laquer and fit and also a set of carbon fibre airbox runners with holes for indicators not yet fitted.

What would the value of this bike be?
Thanks
 
About 2. 2 and a half On a good day.

I'll have 10 at that price ta! :)

Maybe 2 years ago, but the boom in 916/996 prices has dragged the wee ones up too, you can't get a decent 748R for less than 6k and only last year they were stuggling at 4k!
A scruffy project or well used track bike will fetch 2 grand+ these days I'm afraid.

Mint with 8K, decent history and a few nice extras, you can hold out for 4 grand and it will sell, or a quick sale at 3.5/3.75 in the current market.
 
EBay lists a few currently. 748R tops at 7500, down to a 748Bip at 2900.
A very good Bip (from dealer) a nadge under 5000.
Those nice extras, I would try at 4500 with MOT and recent service - but I think latter two you dont list
 
The bike is currently Sorn and has no Mot, it will def need a service as it was last serviced in 2008 and has done less than 2k miles since although it has been started regularly and warmed up, it has not been ridden for at least 2 years hence why I am thinking of selling.
 
although it has been started regularly and warmed up, it has not been ridden for at least 2 years hence why I am thinking of selling.

dont start and run for short time not good for engine (condensation gets in oil and turns it to mayonnaise) does not get hot enough
 
The bike is currently Sorn and has no Mot, it will def need a service as it was last serviced in 2008 and has done less than 2k miles since although it has been started regularly and warmed up, it has not been ridden for at least 2 years hence why I am thinking of selling.


If you want to sell it the best thing to do to get the most money is to flog the parts off and sell it as stock.

I'd be interested in a couple of them.
 
IMHO having previously sold a 748 (2002) last year with some tasty mods, MOT etc you would be looking at £3-£3.5K as per a previous post.
Without MOT and up to date service about £3K depending on condition, easier to sell with the MOT/service.
You may get nearer £4k with all the goodies and everything up to date.
Good luck with the sale:)
 
Thanks for your input, It is in excellent condition, I am only the second owner and i bought it in 2006 exactly 10 years to the day after it was sold new, I have done less than 1.5k miles since 2006!!!
I think i will get belts changed and get it serviced and then put it back to standard condition (apart from Termis) and sell the goodies seperately as I think I will realise more money for them off the bike as opposed to on the bike.
 
After your previous comment on value Im sure you would want them for nothing !!!!

lol

My valuation was based on what I actually paid for a 996 with similar mods. I guess I got a bargain.
I shouldn't have to point out that what someone asks for in an advert isn't always what they sell it for.
 
Back
Top Bottom