1992 750 SS - Facelift

Yorkie

New member
I bought a 750 SS (1992) about 8 months ago and have just got round to starting to give it a face lift.

In an afternoon I have managed to strip it down and get most of the parts ready for powdercoating, I now just need to repair the fairings, repaint the engine and fettle the rest.

The frame is in my shed, the wheels are in the garage with the engine and the electrics are all over the place. (Just how Ducati intended)

As soon as i have worked it out i will put some pics on here!

Yorkie
 
Just got a quote for the powder coating £120 for the wheels, frame and bits and bobs. In for Thursday, just got to get the wheel bearings out today!

Yorkie.
 
Well doesn't time fly when your not achieving much?

I have finally got the frame and wheels powdercoated, and the headlight frame and the clipons all for £155.

http://www.rnrpowdercoatings.co.uk/

Very pleased with the result it is now nice and white, next is the tank for powdercoating at the end of the month.

But projects are never as quick as you want them to be!

Yorkie
 
Hello Yorkie

Have you looked inside your tank?

I have had my tank powdercoated but didn't realise there was some sort of filler or whatever along the bottom of both sides near the rear of the tank

Those have cracked broken inside the tank, so I now have to work out what to do to rescue the situation

Would be good to check first

I wouldn't get it powder coated if I knew then what I know now

On another note, I have some parts that I no longer need as I am converting mine to a cafe racer

Let me know if I can help in any way

Regards
 
Flatline,

Many thanks mate.

Rockjock,

The frame is very tidy now and was sorted before powdercoat, including a check to make sure it was straight.

Yorkie
 
This project went a bit left of arc when I got down south, so here's a pic heavy update of how it went!
 
After in 2012 considering putting it back to standard or giving it a racer look I ended up turning it into something different.

Standard seat and a Monster challenge (very broken) seat hump:



Eventually sold the 750 engine:



Polished the swing arm:



900 bottom end:



I.e. barrels and carbed heads:



The whole engine is made up of 4 separate engines.

Yorkie
 
Lightened cam wheels from Mark at MADASL:



Polished fork bottoms and wavy discs:



Custom alloy intakes from Mark at MADASL:



Lightened gears by Mark at MADASL:



Yorkie
 
The Tiny rear light:



Custom alloy top yoke by Mark at MADASL:



Not complete, but its first outing:



Nice sounding can:



Yorkie
 
Last edited:
999 oil-cooler fitted:



My replacement oil pressure gauge:



Still not finished, once I have doe the other two projects I will come back to this one.

Yorkie
Yorkie
 
Nice engineering work - piccy of the 999 oil cooler setup please?

2 into 1 header looks tidy as well - dyno run would be interesting ;)
 
It has been a while since I have done anything with this ‘finished’ project but the exhaust headers feally needed sorting out.

So off to Mid-Wales to pay a visit to Mark at MADASL to get some stainless pipes made up to replace my cut and shut standard exhausts.

I am liking them already:






Yorkie
 
Back
Top Bottom