Ains.
New member
Knocked about on various sods and sods like FS1E, RD250E, GT125 mates at school. Wasn't allowed to own a motorbike, coz mi Mam said they were dangerous, so knocked about in a Mini 998 MkII which ended up with some strange motors in it. Long stroke cooper 1100 and summat stuff like that.
First bike I properly owned was when I left home; it was a 40 quid basket case I built and got through an MOT then rode to work!! Candy apple CB250K4 (SLK 46L) also had a purple K3 to keep the K4 going.
Chopped that in for a CB400/4F2 (XVS 249S) with a polished ali tank, 2/4 seat, reverse conti exhaust shoved straight on the the 4 pipe collector box. And, it had the same wheels as the 80's Ducati SD's. That was a good bike even if you had to be really good friend to take a pillion.
Chopped that in for a GSX1000sz Katana (which I've still got) was black and blue but was repainted black frame, black and silver bodywork; and then the latest and greatest the Daddy; 888 SP4S.
Deffo' getting another hack around as the SP4S is getting a bit too valuable to start chanceing with bloody car drivers around nowadays.
So, maybe end of the year we'll look for a 996 or 998, or a supermoto as the Mrs and daughter No#1 want to pass their test.
Ains.
First bike I properly owned was when I left home; it was a 40 quid basket case I built and got through an MOT then rode to work!! Candy apple CB250K4 (SLK 46L) also had a purple K3 to keep the K4 going.
Chopped that in for a CB400/4F2 (XVS 249S) with a polished ali tank, 2/4 seat, reverse conti exhaust shoved straight on the the 4 pipe collector box. And, it had the same wheels as the 80's Ducati SD's. That was a good bike even if you had to be really good friend to take a pillion.
Chopped that in for a GSX1000sz Katana (which I've still got) was black and blue but was repainted black frame, black and silver bodywork; and then the latest and greatest the Daddy; 888 SP4S.
Deffo' getting another hack around as the SP4S is getting a bit too valuable to start chanceing with bloody car drivers around nowadays.
So, maybe end of the year we'll look for a 996 or 998, or a supermoto as the Mrs and daughter No#1 want to pass their test.
Ains.