Womens and Ladies riding clubs

Faith

Subscriber
I remember a few years ago when my trap team buddies and I were deciding on a name for our team. Our very polite Russian friend came up with Shedding Beavers. A totally innocent thing as he had been fishing up north saw beavers and questioned them shedding. He blushed when we all laughed and he came to learn where everyone's minds went. Meanwhile one of the guys wives looked at me and said "Faith. You're not going to let them use that name?" I shrugged my shoulders and said "Who cares." If they would have said Women Pubic Hair Loss I would have objected. We joked about Shedding Beavers all season and it got a good laugh at the season banquet when we got a trophy too. Especially since, as the team captain, I went up to accept it. These guys are good friends of mine and we can give each other shit and everything is fine. They know where to draw the line and I am respected by them. I will also not let them on my team if they are jerks.
I have checked out the Sexy or Pictures...thread to see what's in there. I just shake my head and move on.
In general, occasionally someone posts something that pushes the limits and they are usually called out on it or not acknowledged. Boundaries can be a good thing.
I don't mind the Ladies Room. There was a pretty good response to the question about favorite fragrance which added a bit of personal insight to the individuals. The Ladies Room gives permission for topics like that. That's all right.
I don't disagree that sexist stuff may keep some away. Does anyone know how many women were/are on the DF? Jen was likeable, and not someone to be pushed around. Other than DB I don't think there were many if any others.
I think the women's clubs speak to a need those women that join them have and that is not likely going to be found here, IMO. I just do my own thing.
As long as there are other topics to read about here, I'm good. I follow MotoGP and like to keep up on the tech threads. @WestCorkPaul your video on the clutch was great. I know a little bit about how clutches work but never tackled one. Even if it wasn't totally accurate technically, it took away some of the mystery and intimidation of tearing into one(and you swore so casually that it was barely noticed, that was hilarious). I've only known one woman, other than myself, in my entire life that would watch videos like that just in case she might learn something. However, she is an awesome outdoor power equipment mechanic that doesn't ride motorcycles nor has the time to be on a forum. Not likely we'll ever see her on here.

Exige

Elite Member
Subscriber
I remember a few years ago when my trap team buddies and I were deciding on a name for our team. Our very polite Russian friend came up with Shedding Beavers. A totally innocent thing as he had been fishing up north saw beavers and questioned them shedding. He blushed when we all laughed and he came to learn where everyone's minds went. Meanwhile one of the guys wives looked at me and said "Faith. You're not going to let them use that name?" I shrugged my shoulders and said "Who cares." If they would have said Women Pubic Hair Loss I would have objected. We joked about Shedding Beavers all season and it got a good laugh at the season banquet when we got a trophy too. Especially since, as the team captain, I went up to accept it. These guys are good friends of mine and we can give each other shit and everything is fine. They know where to draw the line and I am respected by them. I will also not let them on my team if they are jerks.
I have checked out the Sexy or Pictures...thread to see what's in there. I just shake my head and move on.
In general, occasionally someone posts something that pushes the limits and they are usually called out on it or not acknowledged. Boundaries can be a good thing.
I don't mind the Ladies Room. There was a pretty good response to the question about favorite fragrance which added a bit of personal insight to the individuals. The Ladies Room gives permission for topics like that. That's all right.
I don't disagree that sexist stuff may keep some away. Does anyone know how many women were/are on the DF? Jen was likeable, and not someone to be pushed around. Other than DB I don't think there were many if any others.
I think the women's clubs speak to a need those women that join them have and that is not likely going to be found here, IMO. I just do my own thing.
As long as there are other topics to read about here, I'm good. I follow MotoGP and like to keep up on the tech threads. @WestCorkPaul your video on the clutch was great. I know a little bit about how clutches work but never tackled one. Even if it wasn't totally accurate technically, it took away some of the mystery and intimidation of tearing into one(and you swore so casually that it was barely noticed, that was hilarious). I've only known one woman, other than myself, in my entire life that would watch videos like that just in case she might learn something. However, she is an awesome outdoor power equipment mechanic that doesn't ride motorcycles nor has the time to be on a forum. Not likely we'll ever see her on here.
Jen’s on here from time to time and Char is a wimmin’ she jumped from the sad DF forum run by the sad little fella 😊

Faith

Subscriber
Jen’s on here from time to time and Char is a wimmin’ she jumped from the sad DF forum run by the sad little fella 😊
Char and I are not strangers. Can't say I've seen Jen around.
I still visit DF and check out the tech sections, avoiding political threads. They're not fun. I also have no beef with DB and do stay in touch with her. I don't question why she stays there. It has to be hard for her on some level. I told her that I choose to be here primarily because of a few people I've always gotten along with. It is a better fit for me.
It's unfortunate that there has been this big falling out. At the same time it's pretty crazy that it involves people from different countries yet feels like a family has been split apart.

Exige

Elite Member
Subscriber
Char and I are not strangers. Can't say I've seen Jen around.
I still visit DF and check out the tech sections, avoiding political threads. They're not fun. I also have no beef with DB and do stay in touch with her. I don't question why she stays there. It has to be hard for her on some level. I told her that I choose to be here primarily because of a few people I've always gotten along with. It is a better fit for me.
It's unfortunate that there has been this big falling out. At the same time it's pretty crazy that it involves people from different countries yet feels like a family has been split apart.
True, but there wasn't a fall out, Chizel got blocked just for saying this looked like Terry (aka El Toro or Hells Torso), the text below the image came later of course... edit: found the picture on it's own so no text showing 😇

IMG_1739.jpg

a new forum was started, the first DF members seen to join the new forum were blocked from DF for no reason other than joining here. No fall out, just the above 🤷‍♂️

Last edited: