Dave G
New member
had a fantastic run today,midweek,hardly any traffic and glorious sunshine.
Nipped up the coast and caught the western ferry to Dunoon.
This is a great way to go for anyone coming from the south and heading north or to Ft William etc as it cuts out all the boring motorway bits around Glasgow.(and that horrible nadgery little pot hole strewn road up the side of Loch Lomond!!)
Off the ferry and head up the A815 to Inverary,where, I just seen, the Vital Spark is now berthed,not worth explaining to those who dont recognise the name but made my day.
And continued down the side of Loch Fyne to Lochgilphead,if you havent been here before,make a point of going here as soon as you can.
If God rides a ducati,then this is where he practices.
The A816 Lochgilphead to Oban is possibly the best bike road in the country, theres a straight bit...I think its about a hundred feet long!
Better on a monster too,I last did it on the 916 and that took a lot of effort as it very twisty.
A quick stop in Oban and down towards Cruachan and Loch Awe on the A85, where I saw my first other Ducati- a multistrada, near Dalmally,rider had a striped jacket,was it you?
Continued to make progress down this way, passing a nervous vfr rider and sat behind a yellow monster for a bit,stopped at tyndrum and then had to decide which way from there,had planned to go to Callander but time was against me and had to go down Lomondside on the A82,I hate that road,but did see a 916 shape coming the other way, nakano rep helmet...anyone here?
Then head down until home,did pass a 999/749 coming the otherway up the A737, was that you Ian?
I also noticed the evening shift of strathclydes finest moving up the loch,probably to chase gsxr's out to play after work.
It looks like the weekend is going to be nasty too so I'm glad I decided to bunk off work and kids for a day,I really ought to do it more often
Nipped up the coast and caught the western ferry to Dunoon.
This is a great way to go for anyone coming from the south and heading north or to Ft William etc as it cuts out all the boring motorway bits around Glasgow.(and that horrible nadgery little pot hole strewn road up the side of Loch Lomond!!)
Off the ferry and head up the A815 to Inverary,where, I just seen, the Vital Spark is now berthed,not worth explaining to those who dont recognise the name but made my day.
And continued down the side of Loch Fyne to Lochgilphead,if you havent been here before,make a point of going here as soon as you can.
If God rides a ducati,then this is where he practices.
The A816 Lochgilphead to Oban is possibly the best bike road in the country, theres a straight bit...I think its about a hundred feet long!
Better on a monster too,I last did it on the 916 and that took a lot of effort as it very twisty.
A quick stop in Oban and down towards Cruachan and Loch Awe on the A85, where I saw my first other Ducati- a multistrada, near Dalmally,rider had a striped jacket,was it you?
Continued to make progress down this way, passing a nervous vfr rider and sat behind a yellow monster for a bit,stopped at tyndrum and then had to decide which way from there,had planned to go to Callander but time was against me and had to go down Lomondside on the A82,I hate that road,but did see a 916 shape coming the other way, nakano rep helmet...anyone here?
Then head down until home,did pass a 999/749 coming the otherway up the A737, was that you Ian?
I also noticed the evening shift of strathclydes finest moving up the loch,probably to chase gsxr's out to play after work.
It looks like the weekend is going to be nasty too so I'm glad I decided to bunk off work and kids for a day,I really ought to do it more often