What the feck have you done today?

The gestapo, sorry apology’s, admin is at it again at the Ducati owners club , both admin going bananas over no buying /selling on the site , all people are trying to do is help a poor chap who shredded a timing belt on his 748, such an hostile environment that owners club site, very unpleasant admin, do you think el diabolical is related to those people?😡

The gestapo, sorry apology’s, admin is at it again at the Ducati owners club , both admin going bananas over no buying /selling on the site , all people are trying to do is help a poor chap who shredded a timing belt on his 748, such an hostile environment that owners club site, very unpleasant admin, do you think el diabolical is related to those people?😡
He's an area rep isn't he for West Yorks DOC along with Martin whom he sucks up to at Ducati Manchester 🤷‍♂️

Poor form that, for sure. :(

I was a member for one year only, admin attitude is atrocious, can’t stand people who run something like that and think that they are better then anyone else in the world and know best, ffs, just chill if people are trying to help someone who is in distress after his engine has just disintegrated 🤮

I've avoided it like the plague. It seems very eu-ish in its structure in that it seems more about awarding people official sounding self indulgent titles than being run for the benefit of the members who are seen as a necessary evil and the great unwashed.

Where I live, there are a few rascals with bikes but I'm expecting weather permitting, from tomorrow the partial locksdown will see more of you buggers out on your bikes (y)(y)

This lunchtime -

Wife: "Ron, I'm going to ASDA, do you want anything?"

Me "I want a sense of meaning and purpose in my life. I want to connect with my inner self, feel contented and be at peace with the Ducati Community Elsie"

Wife: "Be specific, Johnny Walker or Jack Daniels?"

Was that on the FB group? I got the impression when I read that post & comments someone had offered to buy it which they didn’t like as they don’t like things being bought & sold on there, want to push that to the website marketplace. Personally I can’t see what the issue is, unless it’s a way to try and drive membership🤔. I saw in this months Desmo mag they were commenting on how there’s 6.6k user of the FB group but only 2.4K club members. They’re probably thinking ‘we could do with a few more of those 6.6k being paid up members’ I guess.

Was that on the FB group? I got the impression when I read that post & comments someone had offered to buy it which they didn’t like as they don’t like things being bought & sold on there, want to push that to the website marketplace. Personally I can’t see what the issue is, unless it’s a way to try and drive membership🤔. I saw in this months Desmo mag they were commenting on how there’s 6.6k user of the FB group but only 2.4K club members. They’re probably thinking ‘we could do with a few more of those 6.6k being paid up members’ I guess.
Yip, the point being that the op didn’t try to sell anything at all , if then one of many people commenting says something ( what precisely I don’t know as it gets deleted at once) they jump on it with their comments about rules and if you don’t like it to leave the group, well people do just that, who wants to pay to be a part of that nasty attitude, and get very little in return, I thought it was a genuine cry for help from the op, and this is not an isolated thing, admin and people in charge in DOC just seem not very much in touch with their customer base , they are trying to protect their little club , but acting like the Stasi ( pun intended) is not doing it for a lot of people I am afraid.

This lunchtime -

Wife: "Ron, I'm going to ASDA, do you want anything?"

Me "I want a sense of meaning and purpose in my life. I want to connect with my inner self, feel contented and be at peace with the Ducati Community Elsie"

Wife: "Be specific, Johnny Walker or Jack Daniels?"
If you want to connect with some on here (see Covid thread) I'd suggest some special mushrooms and LSD.

Yip, the point being that the op didn’t try to sell anything at all , if then one of many people commenting says something ( what precisely I don’t know as it gets deleted at once) they jump on it with their comments about rules and if you don’t like it to leave the group, well people do just that, who wants to pay to be a part of that nasty attitude, and get very little in return, I thought it was a genuine cry for help from the op, and this is not an isolated thing, admin and people in charge in DOC just seem not very much in touch with their customer base , they are trying to protect their little club , but acting like the Stasi ( pun intended) is not doing it for a lot of people I am afraid.
Yep, I can see him working his way up from Branch Organiser to the national committee, a perfect fit.

Yep, I can see him working his way up from Branch Organiser to the national committee, a perfect fit.
Not familiar with DOC Facebook exchanges but my experience with the DOC is actually quite positive. I’ve found the members I’ve met at meetings and bike shows to be approachable and helpful. All seemed to be genuine enthusiasts and haven’t encountered many who just want to drone on about how many bikes and cars they have.

Just spent a chunk of my morning on the phone to my insurers " The team will be with you as soon as they can" along with the usual rendition of Mozart's Ein Kline Nacht music. Wish they all had a system that told you what position you were in the queue.

Not familiar with DOC Facebook exchanges but my experience with the DOC is actually quite positive. I’ve found the members I’ve met at meetings and bike shows to be approachable and helpful. All seemed to be genuine enthusiasts and haven’t encountered many who just want to drone on about how many bikes and cars they have.
I absolutely agree with those findings, it’s just that sometimes the people who gravitate to the top are those who revel in what little power they have, a bit like Parish Councils

1618224306260.png

I'm sure most people we find difficult on the Internet would be fine in real life.

Just popped down to the out of town shopping estate, feck me, it was full up! Obviously being Essex most of it was down to Next and Sports direct but fekkin ell, it was heaving.

Back