What kit would you buy?

Post #51 Wayne 👍
That looks pricey but i suppose you get what you pay for i guess, Motolegends do the Klim range of jacket's and trousers that i must admit is fucking eye watering in price, what the fuck did people do when all this safety and touring gear was not availible, just saying?

That looks pricey but i suppose you get what you pay for i guess, Motolegends do the Klim range of jacket's and trousers that i must admit is fucking eye watering in price, what the fuck did people do when all this safety and touring gear was not availible, just saying?
Looks pricey 😮, it’s all 1/2 price at present, brings it down to the same price as other manufacturers non Gore-TRX stuff.

As for in the oden days - waxed cotton 👍

I knew a guy who wrapped himself in bin liners once, he kept getting flashed by cars as he was crossing the severn bridge (he thought yeah yeah I know) when he stopped he realised the bin liners had started to come adrift and he had been riding like del boy in a batman cape 🦇🤣

Looks pricey 😮, it’s all 1/2 price at present, brings it down to the same price as other manufacturers non Gore-TRX stuff.

As for in the oden days - waxed cotton 👍
Belstaf, i remember buying a pair of Belstaff leather trousers🥴 mmmmmmmmmmmm leather, it was half price 60 quid and i had belstaff waxed cotten trousers back in the day, bought them from Halfords, they worked a treat.(y)

That is a nice jacket 👍.
I have a Dainese D-Dry jacket and a pair of their trousers at present, I like their stuff (and Alpinestars) as at least they’re stylish. D-Dry is good, up to a point, but it’s not completely waterproof and, in my case, I’ve experienced ‘wetting out’ of the outer textile layer, which then eventually led to the inside becoming wet whether that was because the rain defeated the D-Dry liner or because the condensation from body heat couldn’t evaporate off due to the outer layer being saturated I know not. 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I think if it’s a waterproof jacket & trousers it’s gonna be a laminate.
The outer layer isn't waterproof, you are correct.

D-Dry relies on a layer sewn in between outer and inner layers to keep water off, but can fail in really bad weather..as does everything to be fair. I have been in rain that heavy where even Rukka and Halvarssons gave up after enough water was thrown at us. That would have been 4 or so years ago when we were heading to East Germany.

I have some really awesome waterproofing spray though that I spray onto the outside of all my motorcycle kit now (and anything else I wanna waterproof) if I am heading out on a trip of any length and there is a chance of rain.

That causes any water on the outer layer to run straight back off so never has a chance to soak in or even reach the D-Dry layer.

Apparently it was originally developed to waterproof mohair style Cabriolet roofs before it was grabbed up by the motorcycle industry.

It's that good that when I sold it many moons back, I used to demo it by spraying it on to both side of tissue paper and then either holding the issue paper under the running tap or in a bucket/container of water. It did not disintegrate or take in any water as tissue usually does so was a perfect and fun demo to show how good it is.

It still allows fabric to breath, but helps stops water ingress. This stuff is no substitute for a waterproof layer on its own, and ultimately in heavy rain it does eventually start to soak in, but as an add on to some decent waterproof layers, it is what we call fuckin' awesome :D I spray my kit the night before I set off, and even up in Scotland a couple of weeks ago where 4 seasons in one day is the norm, it held up well.

I just bought two more cans yesterday actually. The wife and kids use it on their expensive shoes ( I only ever wear bike boots or trainers) to protect those too, so I have to hide a can out the way ;)

Protex_Spray_500ml.webp

Last edited:
The outer layer isn't waterproof, you are correct.

D-Dry relies on a layer sewn in between outer and inner layers to keep water off, but can fail in really bad weather..as does everything to be fair. I have been in rain that heavy where even Rukka and Halvarssons gave up after enough water was thrown at us. That would have been 4 or so years ago when we were heading to East Germany.

I have some really awesome waterproofing spray though that I spray onto the outside of all my motorcycle kit now (and anything else I wanna waterproof) if I am heading out on a trip of any length and there is a chance of rain.

That causes any water on the outer layer to run straight back off so never has a chance to soak in or even reach the D-Dry layer.

Apparently it was originally developed to waterproof mohair style Cabriolet roofs before it was grabbed up by the motorcycle industry.

It's that good that when I sold it, I used to demo it by spraying it on to both side of tissue paper and then dropping the paper under the running tap. It did not disintegrate or take in any water so was a perfect and fun demo to show how good it is.

It still allows fabric to breath, but helps stops water ingress. This stuff is no substitute for a waterproof layer on its own, and ultimately in heavy rain it does eventually start to soak in, but as an add on to some decent waterproof layers, it is what we call fuckin' awesome :D I spray my kit the night before I set off, and even up in Scotland a couple of weeks ago where 4 seasons in one day is the norm, it held up well.

I just bought two more cans yesterday actually. The wife and kids use it on their expensive shoes ( I only ever wear bike boots or trainers) to protect those too, so I have to hide a can out the way ;)

Protex_Spray_500ml.webp
Scorchio here today 😁

Protex for waterproofing, the marketing department had a sense of humour then 🤣

Brand new "Medium" Barbour jacket just gone up on EBay -

"RRP £239 BARBOUR INTERNATIONAL MENS CORBRIDGE WAX JACKET COAT BLACK SIZE Medium BNWT. Genuine item bought as a Christmas gift for the cheating other half. No longer needed."

Last edited:
Bought some Richa Adventure Jeans today - brand new with tags also with optional knee and hip armour for £80 :) they fit great too, a svelte 34" with 32"leg.
Sportsbike Shop price currently £230 without armour :)

Back