What have you done on your bike today?

Fucking shit here and there was rain overnight, fucking useless OVERPAID MET lying make it up as you go along fucking wankers, i'll take your fucking job and do it for fucking free but my forecast will be spot on, it's supposed to be sunny here but it's fucking overcast and shit, oh yes and i've woken up in a bad mood so everything can fuck right off!!

DgM-6qpWsAA1Cs4.jpg

Fucking shit here and there was rain overnight, fucking useless OVERPAID MET lying make it up as you go along fucking wankers, i'll take your fucking job and do it for fucking free but my forecast will be spot on, it's supposed to be sunny here but it's fucking overcast and shit, oh yes and i've woken up in a bad mood so everything can fuck right off!!

Does the rain make your pony tail go frizzy :unsure:

I'd booked today off hoping to get a proper ride out....weather was looking ok earlier in the week.

I was awake from about 4am and it fucking rained and blew a hooly all day. The decent weather looks pushed to tomorrow, but got my lad tomorrow, so unless it dries by about 7am, no joy again. Arse and feck. I'm going to buy a winter hack, maybe something I could green lane and not care how many times I drop it.

I'd booked today off hoping to get a proper ride out....weather was looking ok earlier in the week.

I was awake from about 4am and it fucking rained and blew a hooly all day. The decent weather looks pushed to tomorrow, but got my lad tomorrow, so unless it dries by about 7am, no joy again. Arse and feck. I'm going to buy a winter hack, maybe something I could green lane and not care how many times I drop it.
What about one of these nobody would be able to tell if you dropped it 😁
6867E6BD-8377-4250-B60B-CDD73D285769.jpeg

It’s been beautiful here the past few days but unfortunately I couldn’t get out as a) there were family things to do and b) I’d started to fit the fiddly to fit crash bars which ended up being spread over 2 days 😕. Anyway today I got out. Not a cloud in the sky 👍
6968E6C5-A144-4518-87A5-6E5B39B002DD.jpeg

094E05D3-5EAB-44E4-8142-CD32AF441957.jpeg

I decide to visit a fella a know who lives half way up a mountain, on the way there I spy a dirt rack running off to the left so decide to see where it goes.

0696995B-2A98-4F8C-B76C-5ABFFA63E562.jpeg

but it just gets greener & greener.
63A844B0-C50C-4AC9-A264-7D921A8E0AD7.jpeg

Then guess what ? I learn that grass is slippy even when it’s not wet. Thank f&&k I fitted the crash bars 😮

89885D31-45FF-40F6-838E-E1F321C2F7A0.jpeg

Oh f&&kity f&&k f&&k 😡. Time to see if I can remember that YouTube video I saw years ago about how to pick a bike up. Thankfully the technique worked 👍 as I really was in the middle of nowhere. Also, thankfully, no damage done - phew, we’ll done crash bars they did their job.

I do a 6 point turn and head back to the better surfaced track, then back onto the road and onto Charlie’s. Now, I’ve never been to Charlie’s place before, I turn into his ‘lane’ to be met with a 1 in 3 rock & grass track going up the side of the mountain. I’m still a bit shaky after my tumble so I gingerly make my way up there. All good, I reach the top. Coffee, chat, time to go home. The track looks a damn sight steeper on the way down 😮.
1E6CCAE7-A595-472E-B70D-75A62EED65B7.jpeg

I slowly paddle my way down, a shite technique I know but I don’t want to drop it again. Guess what? I put my right foot down, it slips on the grass into the gully on the right and it’s bike down again 😮🙁. This time the wing mirror connects with a mahoosive lump of rock. Oh F&&kitty f&&k f&&k 😡😡

861BBAF4-CB95-465C-ADFF-84B88CDD1DB0.jpeg

Still the crash bars protected everything else 👍.

I walk back up the hill to see if Charlie has any gaffer tape. He does. We bandage it up.

5ABFE16C-F928-49DB-AABD-254326832BA7.jpeg

Now Charlie used to ride trials competitively. He says, ‘you gotta stand on the pegs and gun it over this’, whereupon he jumps on it and shoots off down the track and what looks to me at breakneck speed. Until that is, you guessed it, he drops it, on its left side this time. I’m running down the hill and didn’t think of taking a photo, the bikes down he’s rolling around. I ask him if he’s ok, he goes ‘yeah, I was going fine, no bother at all, was gonna run it down to the road for you when it just stalled and died on me’. Oh, yeah, he shot off so fast I couldnt keep up with him and he’d gone out of range of the radio key so the bike just immobilised itself. Thankfully no damage was done, thank you crash bars 👍.

So, today I learned.
1. The crash bars work, no plastics were harmed in any way, in fact they probably saved me about €700 of replacement parts. Still got to get a new mirror though.

2. Pirelli Scorpion tyres are shit on grass.

3. As well as all the following rider aids, DTC, DWC, ABS, Cornering ABS etc Ducati need to install STEFOC*

A tough day 🙁, still it could have been worse.

*Stop The Eejit Falling Over Control

It’s been beautiful here the past few days but unfortunately I couldn’t get out as a) there were family things to do and b) I’d started to fit the fiddly to fit crash bars which ended up being spread over 2 days 😕. Anyway today I got out. Not a cloud in the sky 👍
View attachment 31570
View attachment 31571

I decide to visit a fella a know who lives half way up a mountain, on the way there I spy a dirt rack running off to the left so decide to see where it goes.

View attachment 31564

View attachment 31563

Then guess what ? I learn that grass is slippy even when it’s not wet. Thank f&&k I fitted the crash bars 😮

View attachment 31565

Oh f&&kity f&&k f&&k 😡. Time to see if I can remember that YouTube video I saw years ago about how to pick a bike up. Thankfully the technique worked 👍 as I really was in the middle of nowhere. Also, thankfully, no damage done - phew, we’ll done crash bars they did their job.

I do a 6 point turn and head back to the better surfaced track, then back onto the road and onto Charlie’s. Now, I’ve never been to Charlie’s place before, I turn into his ‘lane’ to be met with a 1 in 3 rock & grass track going up the side of the mountain. I’m still a bit shaky after my tumble so I gingerly make my way up there. All good, I reach the top. Coffee, chat, time to go home. The track looks a damn sight steeper on the way down 😮.
View attachment 31568

I slowly paddle my way down, a shite technique I know but I don’t want to drop it again. Guess what? I put my right foot down, it slips on the grass into the gully on the right and it’s bike down again 😮🙁. This time the wing mirror connects with a mahoosive lump of rock. Oh F&&kitty f&&k f&&k 😡😡

View attachment 31566

I walk back up the hill to see if Charlie has any gaffer tape. He does. We bandage it up.

View attachment 31567

Now Charlie used to ride trials competitively. He says, ‘you gotta stand on the pegs and gun it over this’, whereupon he jumps on it and shoots off down the track and what looks to me at breakneck speed. Until that is, you guessed it, he drops it, on its left side this time. I’m running down the hill and didn’t think of taking a photo, the bikes down he’s rolling around. I ask him if he’s ok, he goes ‘yeah, I was going fine, no bother at all, was gonna run it down to the road for you when it just stalled and died on me’. Oh, yeah, he shot off so fast I couldnt keep up with him and he’d gone out of range of the radio key so the bike just immobilised itself. Thankfully no damage was done, thank you crash bars 👍.

So, today I learned.
1. The crash bars work, no plastics were harmed in any way, in fact they probably saved me about €700 of replacement parts. Still got to get a new mirror though.

3. As well as all the following rider aids, DTC, DWC, ABS, Cornering ABS etc Ducati need to install STEFOC*

I’m not sure ‘like’ is right, but hopefully you know what I mean.

I’d say brave man taking a new bike down those tracks.

View attachment 31570
View attachment 31571

View attachment 31564

View attachment 31563

View attachment 31565

View attachment 31568

View attachment 31566

View attachment 31567

So, today I learned.

I’m sure The Panzer just flashes up “ key out of range “ if you was to forget your key.
Keyless ride is a load of nonsense in my opinion.
Could have been a lot worse WCP.

fitting the crash bars was an omen
Truth be known if I hadn’t fitted them I never would have gone down the first track and then I probably wouldn’t have been so nervous going up and down Charlie’s track either. I’m sure my slow, plodding, nervous approach contributed to the second tumble.
I’m sure The Panzer just flashes up “ key out of range “ if you was to forget your key.
Keyless ride is a load of nonsense in my opinion.
Could have been a lot worse WCP.
It may very well have done but I wasn’t there to see it 🤣.

Actually, Charlie has just bought himself a Goldwing, how in earth he gets that up and down there I’ve no idea 😮

Truth be known if I hadn’t fitted them I never would have gone down the first track and then I probably wouldn’t have been so nervous going up and down Charlie’s track either. I’m sure my slow, plodding, nervous approach contributed to the second tumble.

It may very well have done but I wasn’t there to see it 🤣.

Actually, Charlie has just bought himself a Goldwing, how in earth he gets that up and down there I’ve no idea 😮
Goldwing motocross you say 😁

I remember when cars started to have 4x4 and people drove like knobs thinking the 4x4 would stop them ending up in a ditch, it didn't.
Are you saying I’m a knob 🤣

It’s an adventure bike, we had an adventure👍.

Mind you I might do an off road skills course 🤔 (and crash someone else’s)

Back