posiden
Well-known member
So after Mr Sasperellas out burst in MCN last week about there being more people at a BSB meet than at WSB at Donnington, it has been confirmed that BMW are leaving WSB and if you picked up on Neil Hodgsons comments today from Silverstone it is rumoured that Aprilla are also leaving.
So that leave Factory teams from.............Er Kawasaki I think!
Now as Mr Sasperellas owns both racing series (both of which are struggling to put bikes on the grid, get sponsorship and sell tickets.)
Would I be jumping to conclusions by thinking he was manipulating the rules of one series to try and get more bikes into it (CRT/hire an engine class) and also persuading other manufacturers, who currently run factory teams in WSB, that a new CRT type class in MotoGP is the future.
Strange that BMW and Aprillia also provide engines for the CRT class now.
This will eventually lead to no factory teams in WSB and its eventual financial doom, but allow the flagship MotoGP series to flourish with all the mayor manufacturers putting teams in and running a selection of modified road and prototype bikes with trophies for the top three in each class (bigger podium needed?)
I havent got a crystal ball but I think the writings on the wall for WSB.
Thanks for listening.................................
So that leave Factory teams from.............Er Kawasaki I think!
Now as Mr Sasperellas owns both racing series (both of which are struggling to put bikes on the grid, get sponsorship and sell tickets.)
Would I be jumping to conclusions by thinking he was manipulating the rules of one series to try and get more bikes into it (CRT/hire an engine class) and also persuading other manufacturers, who currently run factory teams in WSB, that a new CRT type class in MotoGP is the future.
Strange that BMW and Aprillia also provide engines for the CRT class now.
This will eventually lead to no factory teams in WSB and its eventual financial doom, but allow the flagship MotoGP series to flourish with all the mayor manufacturers putting teams in and running a selection of modified road and prototype bikes with trophies for the top three in each class (bigger podium needed?)
I havent got a crystal ball but I think the writings on the wall for WSB.
Thanks for listening.................................