Update on Tam

Spud Raver

New member
As some of you are aware, Tam came off his bike today just outside Penicuik going on the Hizzy Run. Gordon and I have just been to the Western Infirmary and are pleased to say that Tam is in fine fettle. However Tam has broken his neck in a couple of places and broken a couple of ribs too. He says that its not as bad as it sounds and should be out of hospital in 2 weeks or so. Heres to a speedy recovery Tam and hope to see you out and about soon. He is in Ward 32 if anyone wants to pop in :thumbs:
 
Yep, pass on our regards, Davie I have started another thread for one of you guys to print out and take to him if thats OK ?
 
I'm glad if it's not as bad as it sounds, as it sounds flipping awful !. Sounds like he is on the mend, though, which is good.
 
Anybody Going To Visit Tam Next Weekend?

As some of you may know I work away from home all week so I won't be home untill Friday night. I plan to visit Tam next Saturday. If anyone else wants to go and you need a lift give me a shout.

Ranald
 
to flesh out davies report a wee bit,tam has cracked the vertebraes number 4+ 5 which accounts for the broken neck,as well as breaking a couple of ribs.so i reckon he might be in for a while.he was in really good spirits last night though tired and was cracking jokes and having a laugh.like all of us he was more worried about his bike.
his only complaints were missing the run and the number of different ceilings he`d been forced to look at all day.oh and having to pee in a bottle.
he is in a neck brace and theyve used sort of towels and sticky tape to secure him so he cant move his head neck at all.hes seeing a specialist sometime today to get more information on what hes done to himself (specialist dont work sundays) so hopefully we will get more info later.looks like a few of the guys are going to take turns visiting him though i half think its cause they want to see the nurses,but if we all do that it should help keep his spirits up.
 
Bugger :(

Not that it's any consilation but I've been there and done that myself, it'll take a good few weeks before he's ship shape again but hopefully it'll be a quick recovery... it's more cabin fever than anything that's gets to you
 
Neepdocker said:
As some of you may know I work away from home all week so I won't be home untill Friday night. I plan to visit Tam next Saturday. If anyone else wants to go and you need a lift give me a shout.

Ranald

I'll come along as well if that's OK.
 
borderduc said:
I'll come along as well if that's OK.

Dave, if you could print out the other thread that would be great, just to let him know we are thinking about him, also for the kids to read and not hate us bikers ;)
 
is it the western infirmary in glasgow he's in?? surely not. i take it there's one by that name in ed too? if its glasgow then i'll take a journey over myself too - although i dont know his last name. " hi is the biker guy tam in here???" might not help me much..
 
nic6196 said:
is it the western infirmary in glasgow he's in?? surely not. i take it there's one by that name in ed too? if its glasgow then i'll take a journey over myself too - although i dont know his last name. " hi is the biker guy tam in here???" might not help me much..

Its the Western in Edinburgh Nic....Ward 32. :thumbs:
 
Well if Tam's still stuck in there weekend after next I might just take a run up to Edinburgh myself
 
Hold the pressess.

Nimue said:
Well if Tam's still stuck in there weekend after next I might just take a run up to Edinburgh myself

I'm still inA BRACE, IN PAIN, and about to lose concienceness but i'm back home the day.
Where,s the feckin bike and by the way gord you don't half talk a loada @@@@e,.
I won't be on for a while as there's no way i can hasssle this sittin up but if you want any info bell me on 01259769610.
Thanks for all the concern but us scots are wee bricks he whimpers as he stubs his toe.
Thanks guys and galls. I'll be back.
Tam.
 
Well, Scott and I went into the hospital tonight with a bag of grapes, 2 litre bottle of Lucozade, a box of choccys and some art pamphlets ;)

Guess what......nae Tam. Good to see youre out so quick Tam. Lay off the Heavy Metal music and the head banging for a couple of days eh?? ;) ;)
 
Great to have missed you tonight Tam ;)

Managed to save the choccies from Davie, but I fear me Joolee has found them now - I'll get some photo's of them as that's as close as you'll get to them now mate :D

Glad to hear you're home though buddy - you be sure and take things easy and do what the quack says - in the meantime, if there's anything we can do for you just let us know!

Cheers!

Scott
 
Tam said:
I'm still inA BRACE, IN PAIN, and about to lose concienceness but i'm back home the day.
Where,s the feckin bike and by the way gord you don't half talk a loada @@@@e,.
I won't be on for a while as there's no way i can hasssle this sittin up but if you want any info bell me on 01259769610.
Thanks for all the concern but us scots are wee bricks he whimpers as he stubs his toe.
Thanks guys and galls. I'll be back.
Tam.
great to see your back home tam,means youll no have to listen to me talkin @@@@E for a while but ill save it up for when your back on the road mate.your bikes at tj wallace in macmerry ;)
 
Tam said:
I'm still inA BRACE, IN PAIN, and about to lose concienceness but i'm back home the day.
Where,s the feckin bike and by the way gord you don't half talk a loada @@@@e,.
I won't be on for a while as there's no way i can hasssle this sittin up but if you want any info bell me on 01259769610.
Thanks for all the concern but us scots are wee bricks he whimpers as he stubs his toe.
Thanks guys and galls. I'll be back.
Tam.
Eyup Tam, didn't the nurses like you, that they chucked you out so quick?

No excuse to get up to Edinburgh now but I'm ever so pleased you're movin'

Jan xx

Davie: no guesses where the choccies went eh?
 
Nimue said:
Davie: no guesses where the choccies went eh?

Tight erse Scott wouldnae break them open. I think he is keeping them for his Jolees birthday. Miserable hoor that he is!!! And he kept the art pamphlets as well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top Bottom