UKMOC Trackday, Mallory Park - Fri 27th July 2007

Michael, can I put in an official complaint about that soggybiscuitmashedpotatohead bloke - he deliberately changed the wording on my text to make me sound like I enjoy perverse actions with baby deer....... :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :p :D


Ed, don't me make open this on you....

whoopass.jpg
 
Why are the Superbikes not allowed?
And why is the 1098 not allowed?
And why are Ducati (or someone else) bringing a 1098 and its allowed?

And why is everyone in a bad mood with Berto? Usually its me. Why the shift??:confused:

Its meant to be monster only but they haven't got enough monsters doing it :( and as its not a true club but paid for by Terry, the founder he needs to sell the remaining places. The SBK crowd are already catered for with the DSC trackday so UKMOC try and keep their trackday to the less "sporty" bikes , i think they'ed rather have it monster only though. Ultimately its their trackday, they set the rules and run it how they want .
 
Hmm

Fair enough. But why the rogue 1098?

I think Ducati UK are supporting the event and will be bringing the demo bikes for potential punters to play on - thats if the 1098 is fixed after is gravel outing last weekend at BikeFestUK !
 
I will check out the details, I do like Mallory, I really, really like Mallory its fantastic !


YOU LIKE MALLORY? :eek:

Still my worst/least favourite track ever, Mickey mouse sums the place up and considering the surface which you seemed to think was as bad as I did, and the number of crashes in Class B some with pretty big offs (broken bones) you like the place? :confused:
 
YOU LIKE MALLORY? :eek:

Still my worst/least favourite track ever, Mickey mouse sums the place up and considering the surface which you seemed to think was as bad as I did, and the number of crashes in Class B some with pretty big offs (broken bones) you like the place? :confused:

Yep, loved it, never noticed the surface apart from the inside of the hairpin, facilities rubbish but the circuit is bloody brilliant on a 583, I was chuckling in my lid at how much fun I was having out there !
 
You're not right Ian, well at least we're on to bigger and better now...

I've been having a few sneaky laps of Assen on the XBOX, it's a bit quick and complicated... looks flat as hell on the TV
 
Have to admit that I quite liked Mallory myself. Once I started to suss Gerrards out I quite enjoyed the place. The braking area into Edwinas and the hairpin were good passing places. Just wish it had rained for the 2 races :(
 
I think Ducati UK are supporting the event and will be bringing the demo bikes for potential punters to play on

Correct - it's usually JHP who turn up and bring a few demo bikes for us to have a go on plus Chris Walker turned up last year as he was at home bored and had nothing better to do ;)

Terry (Fatbloke) pays out of his own pocket for the track and then prays that he gets enough members to buy the places which pays him back, but there's not many Monsterer's that fancy going on the track, hence he's now opened this up to the other non-sporty models.

Knowing Nat Bennett (Nattyboy) he'll be there and it would be great to see if there is anyone else there (other than Chris Walker this time) to whizz past him :p
 
Correct - it's usually JHP who turn up and bring a few demo bikes for us to have a go on plus Chris Walker turned up last year as he was at home bored and had nothing better to do ;)

Terry (Fatbloke) pays out of his own pocket for the track and then prays that he gets enough members to buy the places which pays him back, but there's not many Monsterer's that fancy going on the track, hence he's now opened this up to the other non-sporty models.

Knowing Nat Bennett (Nattyboy) he'll be there and it would be great to see if there is anyone else there (other than Chris Walker this time) to whizz past him :p

Seems a bit odd they let you demo a 1098, buy a 1098 and then next time you ask if you can join in their fun they tell you to take a hike cos its not on the official "allowed list".:confused:

I would love to go to an "all Ducati" track day. I ride a Xerox, not very well, and not very speedy. Can I come?
 
Seems a bit odd they let you demo a 1098, buy a 1098 and then next time you ask if you can join in their fun they tell you to take a hike cos its not on the official "allowed list".:confused:

I would love to go to an "all Ducati" track day. I ride a Xerox, not very well, and not very speedy. Can I come?

Hi ya mate,

Sorry but Terry (Fatbloke) and the majority of UKMOC members don't want sports bikes whizzing all over the place, just spoke to Terry to see if I could sweet talk him for ya but to no avail :( although he's told me to PM you his number and he said you're more than welcome to give him a ring and have a chat.

There's always DOC's Track Day - Mon 23rd July @ Cadwell £99 or DSC's Track Days Mon 20th August & Tue 21st August @ Cadwell but I'm unsure of cost on that one as I'm not a member with DSC.
 
I can ride a "superbike" pretty sloooooooooo...........been blown away by a monster on track before now..............no surprise there:rolleyes:

I'd say the rider is the "issue", superbike, monster, 125, or whatever, is courtesey directly related to BHP or type of bike?? Some might say ban R1s:eek:

But like Gizmo says it's up to whoever to include whatever/whoever they like. Big up to Terry for puting his own cash on the line to make it happen.

There's a good few other Ducati only days to go to if you can't get on the MOC day.

Ray.
 
Seems a bit odd they let you demo a 1098, buy a 1098 and then next time you ask if you can join in their fun they tell you to take a hike cos its not on the official "allowed list".:confused:

I would love to go to an "all Ducati" track day. I ride a Xerox, not very well, and not very speedy. Can I come?

Fergie - the DSC 2 dayers is an absolute blast, with it being over 2 days no real pressure to get out every session - I think the hog roast is in with the price this year and its at Cadwell, what more could you ask for, DUK were there last year with the press fleet also JHP with his SuperMono which really was a sight to behold !
 
IIRC the hog roast is £10.

"Club Cornerspeed" is free though

Nowt to stop anyone just turning up for a two day social

For the mega nervous there is a taster session, virtually have the track to yourself with an instructor/guide, free to paid up members if last year is anything to go by. Everyone I've seen after this has a grin a mile wide.

For the two days its £180, IIRC, you can do one day though, 1st day is Ducatis only, second day run what you like, Gizmo has put a link to a form/info somewhere.

Might do the DOC day as well........

Ray.
 
if you wanted another vauge reason for the monster only ness

its an intimidation thing, you look fast on a xerox especially with the 999999RRR stickers etc

the monster model range also attracts a lot of new riders this is evident in the 'novice' group being well over subscribed, even medioca riders like me end up getting bumped up into the fast group (ok that never actually happened wishfull thinking)
 
welll well well

the UKMOC trackday has been proper opened up, any ducati will now be 'tolerated' ;)

Friday 27th July £120 Bargin

thats right if YOU, yes your there in the chair reading this , fancy a day in the blistering sunshine rideing mallory park at possibly the most relaxed trackday eva :!
get the booking form downloaded filled in and posted, getting a trackday at all at this time of year now is becomming hard to find, this could be one of the few opertunitys left ! act now to avoide dissapointment !

THE place to pop your cherry if you've never done it before (ooh err)

has to be said the rest of the mocers are a lot more friendly than i am, dont let me put you off

booking form linkey
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/trackday07.pdf
 
Correct - it's usually JHP who turn up and bring a few demo bikes for us to have a go on plus Chris Walker turned up last year as he was at home bored and had nothing better to do ;)

Actually it is Ducati UK, not JHP, who "turn up" with a few demos.

We support several trackdays which includes the MOC, DSC and DOC Days. We actively encourage people to try our bikes at these events, its a great way for people to experience just how good some of our bikes are in a controlled and safe environment - mostly

The point of it being only opened to a couple of DUK Bikes was to try to ensure that it remained a Monster Day as much as possible
 
Actually it is Ducati UK, not JHP, who "turn up" with a few demos.

We support several trackdays which includes the MOC, DSC and DOC Days. We actively encourage people to try our bikes at these events, its a great way for people to experience just how good some of our bikes are in a controlled and safe environment - mostly

The point of it being only opened to a couple of DUK Bikes was to try to ensure that it remained a Monster Day as much as possible

I wish you would sponsor the Yamahonda Glasgow night then. I keep getting the excuse that there are not enough Ducati owners willing to take part, so they fill it with other stuff.

As for the safe and controlled bit, have you cut and paste that gem???;)
 
Yes Scotty is correct - ALL DUCATI'S PERMITTED!

I'll be there spectating with a few buddies, so maybe see some of you there :)
 
I'm booked in and all paid up.

Just counting the days and hoping for good weather, so hope to see you there.
 
So I hear it's now open to all bikes ie. Honda, Yamaha etc as long as it's a mate of a Ducati rider and not just some randomn nobody.
 
Sounds like it was a good day at Mallory by all reports. The DUK bikes were given a good thra.........er test judging by the state of the tyres when they were at the Great Yorkshire bike show.:)

Ray
 
Yes I can say it was a really good day with fine weather phew that was lucky. Gave my S2r another good thrashing new tyres are now chicken strip less and got my first ever go on a 1098 and that was bl**dy fantastic.:eek: So was I smiling and just a bit tired.

There were about four fallers though but I dont think they were too badly injured, just rather bent bikes.
 
from what ive heard/read it was the usual 'best day eva' for many people and a few were not so sure about the whole trackday thing but they had a go so now they know at least

as happened last year i think the stress of organising the day has persuaded Terry to step down from presidentship (and last year i think we somehow pressured him into going on for another year and organising this years trackday) (and the wheels are in motion to find a new emperor)

realy gutted i didnt make it this year
 
There were about four fallers though but I dont think they were too badly injured, just rather bent bikes.

Slob from UKMOC broke some ribs but his bike doesn't look too bad.

I spent most the day driving there (traffic) and arrived at 5pm as everyone was leaving Mallory in their vans/cars/trailers :mad: What a waste of a days annual leave from work :(
 
Back
Top Bottom