UKMOC members wanting to join

Miles usually deals with new registrations but he may not be keeping on top of things as has a business to run as well.

I have been a member since the beginning of the forum and I'm sure the process has changed a lot since then. As far as I know, upon registering a potential new member will be sent an email to which they have to reply to prove that they are real person and not an automated scam, but looking at the UKMOC forum it seems they are not receiving the emails.

I have looked at the registrations and there have been 330 since the start of May and nearly a 1000 since the start of April, nearly all them appear to be scams!
I used to get emails telling me that I had a PM but these stopped sometime last year. It may be that the forum email server has become bogged down with all these fake registrations.

Alan, If you can let me know the usernames that the UKMOC members have registered with I will see if I can do anything.
 
Thanks Derek
Also Emails from Forum Admin sent to new users are sometimes blocked by service provider thinking they are Spam and do not get through
 
OK Alan, let me know and I can add them manually. Meanwhile I'm about to start clearing out the spammers - there are thousands!
 
Hi Derek, the user names they are trying to register are "on yer bike" and "mossleymonster" - hope this helps.
 
Hi Derek, the user names they are trying to register are "on yer bike" and "mossleymonster" - hope this helps.

Sorry Alan. In the process of deleteing thousands of spam registration attempts I have inadvertently deleted them as well. Ask them to register again and I will keep an eye out for their application and process their registration manually.
The problem apparently stems from IP and email providers implementing a new SPF structure which bins emails from DUN as spam because they do not have accepted authorisations, so they never reach their intended recipients. Miles is working on moving the emails to a new server which will provide the necessary authorisations so that emails should be received again.
 
Hi Derek, the user names they are trying to register are "on yer bike" and "mossleymonster" - hope this helps.

I have had another registration from "on yer bike" and have processed it manually. He will now be able to login with the password I have given him but should change it immediately. No sign of "mossleymonster" yet. Hopefully we will get all this sorted soon.
 
Back
Top Bottom