TEXA NAVIGATOR TXB Evolution and dedicated notebook purchase

BobTheBounder

Elite Member
Subscriber
Who along with myself and a good friend of mine, possibly another if Ducati replaces his £23k MTS V4S, my brother and a couple of mates who ride BM's also interested if we purchase the necessary keys.
Who would be willing to club together for their and the communities use?
This is a project I have thought long and hard about I almost invested in one on my own but umm'd and ahhh'd and the project was shelved.
If their is enough serious interest I will get quotes in from TEXA uk and Italy
 
I have thought about doing the same on a few occasions but the costs always scared me off.
Sharing em out on forums can be fraught with problems, if they get nicked, damaged etc, or just not returned on time - its a problem. One forum I belonged had a communal box of valve shims that magically disappeared with its £hundreds price tag never to be seen again. No-one knew who had it last, no-one could do anything about it...
As well as Texa, maybe something like this from RS Equipment could also work. I 'think' they have pretty much the same functionality as Texa but still run damned expensive. Leads and software seems available for most bikes
 
Interesting concept Bob. How much do they run to? I know the one (only one) indi Ducati workshop in ROI won’t (or cant justify) spending the money to get one, so sim guessing it’s humongous money🤔
 
I spoke to Dave Gordon who is the Texa rep for the UK last year and it was about £1500 plus Vat for the unit which included a years subscription for the updates, as well you need to purchase individual cables for each bike and the BMW was the most expensive at over £100, the Ducati on was if I remember about £75 pound.

I would be interested in this provided there is some organisation of where and how it gets used.

Alan
 
I spoke to Dave Gordon who is the Texa rep for the UK last year and it was about £1500 plus Vat for the unit which included a years subscription for the updates, as well you need to purchase individual cables for each bike and the BMW was the most expensive at over £100, the Ducati on was if I remember about £75 pound.

I would be interested in this provided there is some organisation of where and how it gets used.

Alan
Alan was it you who had a thread on the other place about this?. Anyhoo got a quote from a geezer called Mark in Manchester, for the latest Navigator Evolution with software for Euro 5 support, he's quoted me £1700 exclusive, for the unit, life hasp key, Ducati cable, BMW cable, one years subscription, two years warranty on the unit, one years support from Texa.
As he has family in gods county he said if I went ahead he would come over and sort it all out for me and make sure everything is hunky dory. I tried to get them to throw in the belt tensioner accoustic meter but he said he could get me it a cost! Gonna have a chat with the crazy 88's over the Easter break!
 
Bob, it was indeed me on the other place talking about it, it does seem a good idea If it can be sorted out, and I am a visitor to gods own country a couple of times a year staying in Leyburn and meeting up with mates to ride out. Keep me informed please.
 
Bob, it was indeed me on the other place talking about it, it does seem a good idea If it can be sorted out, and I am a visitor to gods own country a couple of times a year staying in Leyburn and meeting up with mates to ride out. Keep me informed please.
Will do Alan, I hope I can persuade a few of the boys!
 
Update, Looking a lot less likely, Turns out of four Ducati owners, I'm the only one who actually owns their bike! In fact out of our little band of brothers, which includes the four Ducati, three Triumph, five BMW, two Honda and a Moto Guzzi. Only three of us actually own our bikes all the rest are on PCP. So they're all umming and ahhing! They need to have their bikes serviced by a main dealer so it doesn't void warranty or the contract! So it's still 'can you order me some parts and fit them mate?' BobtheFitter eh!
So atm I cant justify spending 2K on this stuff!
 
IF (and it’s a big IF) there were a Community one does the benefit of having one people can loan outweigh the initial cost plus the cost of the upgrades? I assume it’s got to be upgraded periodically.

There are logistical and cost issues in having a Community shared one but these are not insurmountable. DOCGB have a tool loan facility for their members so it’s doable .
 
Update, Looking a lot less likely, Turns out of four Ducati owners, I'm the only one who actually owns their bike! In fact out of our little band of brothers, which includes the four Ducati, three Triumph, five BMW, two Honda and a Moto Guzzi. Only three of us actually own our bikes all the rest are on PCP. So they're all umming and ahhing! They need to have their bikes serviced by a main dealer so it doesn't void warranty or the contract! So it's still 'can you order me some parts and fit them mate?' BobtheFitter eh!
So atm I cant justify spending 2K on this stuff!
Yeah, but don’t most on here own their bikes?
 
IF (and it’s a big IF) there were a Community one does the benefit of having one people can loan outweigh the initial cost plus the cost of the upgrades? I assume it’s got to be upgraded periodically.

There are logistical and cost issues in having a Community shared one but these are not insurmountable. DOCGB have a tool loan facility for their members so it’s doable .
Hi there Mr Goat, yes it is completely doable, the more the merrier and cheaper of course. The community would benefit greatly. All those who would contribute would have an invaluable resource. The subscription is 270+ vat PA if I remember, I will check. It would mean that it would be in transit frequently so we would require a 'tuff' notebook with a SSD. The only other expenditure is dedicated insurance against loss/damage, then the shipping and insurance for the community member who requires the diagnostic equipment.
 
what does it do for older (pre 2010 in my case) that jp diag etc won't do
Good question Mark, I don't have any experience with that, does your bike have canbus?
In fact does any of the mavens know when Ducati introduced canbus on the bikes?
 
No CAN on 998. 749/999 was the first, if quite crude. 5AM, 59M ecu's taking sensor reading from dash and communicating sensor info back and usually Immo are the first ones. Different ball game nowadays with multiple ECU's though.
@Nelly are there any alternatives to the Texa, ie for a non commercial enviroment?
Can you hook the Texa up to pre 2010 Ducati?
 
@Nelly are there any alternatives to the Texa, ie for a non commercial enviroment?
Can you hook the Texa up to pre 2010 Ducati?
Motorscan, Autel are a couple of names that spring to mind, but I have no experience of how good they are or how universal. The motorscan is similar professional level to Texa but not as widely used.
the texa i have from the factory is a bespoke unit just for the marque and won’t work with anything else. The flip side is that we have access to more information and bespoke functions.
Texa is by far the most commonly used and supported and if you were looking at an owner pool owning different marque then that’s the one I’d go for. remember that the cables can be pricey and may need buying, especially for older bikes before standardisation in the trade started. EU5 is the latest and only true cross platform connector. Go back a few generations and everyone was using their own.
 
Back
Top Bottom