Summer kit recomendations

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
We've all been there, zip out liner or not, there is no fun going out on a sunny day to get at the other end and you are wearing a mobile sauna and dripping sweat by the bucket load.

What kit, hacks, shortcuts etc have you found that still offer you decent protection but works great in the summer and warmer weathers?

I’ve just bought some cargo pants with armour in right places, not too heavy and fine to wear on an all but sweltering day.

I wear one of those Meccanica Ducati leather jackets which is again quite light with armour. Feels fine with a t-shirt underneath. Light Alpinestar bootlet things on the old plates.

And of course I look cool as. Natch...

Armoured leather jeackets along with armoured jeans/cargo pants seems a combination to consider, I've noticed more manufacturers are offering choices in these areas

Doubt I will wear leathers again, unless I come out of track day retirement.

I have a set of Dainese textiles which have the cut & shape of a two piece leather suit; armour & padding in the right places but very lightweight & well vented.

Draggin jeans & a pisspot if out on the Triumph; like the Fonze. :cool:

Bought this 2 years ago for proper scorchio days - if you hold it up to the light you can see right through it ☀️ 🧥 👀

34BEEB89-932B-4C53-BEDD-C6B284DC5B9A.jpeg

7F07F9A6-A25C-4513-A4EF-EA08920E3DF7.jpeg

Draggin jeans and a Dainese leather jacket mostly, I should wear a back protector to be honest but I rarely do.
If it’s cold/wet I wear Dainese textiles, they’re laminated and can get bloody warm.
I can’t remember the last time I wore my leathers, look a bit silly on The Panzer....

Draggin jeans and a Dainese leather jacket mostly, I should wear a back protector to be honest but I rarely do.
If it’s cold/wet I wear Dainese textiles, they’re laminated and can get bloody warm.
I can’t remember the last time I wore my leathers, look a bit silly on The Panzer....
The greatcoat would cover the leathers surely 🤔😁

Knox urban pro shirt for really hot days. I bought it to go the WDW20 last year but it was cancelled and we’ve not had a really hot day here 🙁 so haven’t actually worn it yet as all my outer gear has armour in.

When it’s warmish, like today at 17c, then Spidi jeans, t-shirt, leather jacket and summer mesh gloves.

It's running around the very high 20's here and with little breeze some of you must be riding around in kit that is great for losing weight but dripping buckets of sweat after a decent ride. Has anyone recently bought summer kit and what's your opinion of it?

I’ve just bought some cargo pants with armour in right places, not too heavy and fine to wear on an all but sweltering day.

I wear one of those Meccanica Ducati leather jackets which is again quite light with armour. Feels fine with a t-shirt underneath. Light Alpinestar bootlet things on the old plates.

And of course I look cool as. Natch...
Are they camouflaged?

Just back from a ride, it was 19C when I set off, 26 as I got back and too warm in my mesh jacket and normal jeans / trainers 🤪

Knox urban pro shirt for really hot days. I bought it to go the WDW20 last year but it was cancelled and we’ve not had a really hot day here 🙁 so haven’t actually worn it yet as all my outer gear has armour in.

When it’s warmish, like today at 17c, then Spidi jeans, t-shirt, leather jacket and summer mesh gloves.
It was 22 when I went out at 07.30 yesterday and 26 when I got back at 09.30 ish. I wore my Knox shirt/jacket thingy for the first time with just a t-shirt underneath. Have to admit it’s brilliant in this weather, highly recommended 👍

Back