Stored pictures help

sam

Hi, I have almost filled my allocated storage with pictures but can only see 20 if I change from date to file name it will bring another 20 different pics up, Q, how do I search through and see all that I have stored? I can't find anything in settings that I may have changed to stop me seeing all or any tab to change to another page of pics.

Sam

Last edited:
Hi Sam,

I only have a few stored attachments as I use various cloud sources, including Google photos, Facebook (Robbie found that trick, I think), Flickr and others...

As for the stored attachments, its hard to see but the viewing box/page can be made bigger by dragging the edges of the viewing area - wait until your cursor arrow changes to two parallel lines.

Other than that, I'm struggling to find an answer, sorry.

Hi, yes tried expanding and making the images smaller but still only shows the 20 pics, if i change the asc to dec or change to date it brings up different pics. If I remember correctly there used to be a tab you could select pages but this as gone awall. As already stated by Dove Photofucket has held everyone that used it to ransom to continue using what was a free service, I may try and source google photos but most of my pics are on another computer and its cold out in the workshop at the moment. :lol2: cheers Sam

Sadly, many providers now limit storage and/or want you to pay for space.

If you are with Sky 0r BT I believe they provide some free space (but only as long as you are with them!) Likewise Amazon Prime, lots of features there that I didnt appreciate.

I found on option in the settings page I think to show all attachments you are using but it might not be exactly the same, thumbnail view button at bottom of page...

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/profile.php?do=editattachments

Reactions: sam
I found that option but cant see all the pics, im sure this was available when you selected add attachments you could scroll through thumbnail pics. Being lazy I did not give each individual pic a title. :eek:

Sam

I've never noticed that option before Frank, it could have been useful sometimes. And Jeez! I have 11 pages of attachments.
20 seems to be the limit for stored attachments Sam. I don't know where they go :dunno:

I've never noticed that option before Frank, it could have been useful sometimes. And Jeez! I have 11 pages of attachments.
20 seems to be the limit for stored attachments Sam. I don't know where they go :dunno:

Hi Derek,
Happy new year to you!
Do you know if there is any way to attach the attachments as per the link to share in a post?
Sam

Ahhh but Derek has answered your 1st question Sam, 20 is the limit on how many attachments you can actually upload to your account, thats why you can see any more.

The attachment link we both found is different in that also contains files you have linked to that are stored elsewhere.

Ahhh but Derek has answered your 1st question Sam, 20 is the limit on how many attachments you can actually upload to your account, thats why you can see any more.

The attachment link we both found is different in that also contains files you have linked to that are stored elsewhere.

My second question was can you load pics from the attachment link which I already knew about. :)
You used to be able to go through the already loaded pics and see thumbnail pics the page that comes up when you click on manage attachments. Sam

My second question was can you load pics from the attachment link which I already knew about. :)
You used to be able to go through the already loaded pics and see thumbnail pics the page that comes up when you click on manage attachments. Sam

Easy peasy :)
Use the attachments option to list your attachments. Find the one you want and click on the link for the attachment not the post, it will open in a new tab. Copy the URL for that page. Then, in post you are creating / replying to, click on the wee tree icon in the toolbar at the top of the reply box. Paste URL into the pop-up box that opens and click OK. Your picture from the old attachment will now be shown in your post.

Here are few of mine from 2006/7 - :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thank you Mr. Guru, I guess I'll have to wait another year for my tin badge! :)

p.s. that looks sare!

Maybe this time. Nope! when I select edit post it is coming up showing the attachment but not when I post ?
attachment.php

Try again Sam, you must be doing something wrong. I've checked it and it works fine. :rolleyes:

When you see the image you want right click on it and select "Copy image address" from the drop down menu. Go to your post and click the wee tree icon, right click in the pop-up box and select paste. Click OK and that's it. If you preview your post you should see the image in it.

Reactions: sam
Ha! I was not omitting the httpp thingy first that comes up when I press the wee tree before pasting and clicking ok. Who ever said ye canny teach an old dog new tricks?
Next lesson Mr Guru is it possible to give the pics a title in the saved attachments so I dont have to keep on going through them?

Sam

Well done Sam. you got there at last. :)
I should have mentioned to overwrite the http bit.

As for renaming or titling the saved attachments - I doubt it, they will have whatever names you'd given them when they were uploaded. Something to consider in future maybe.

Back