Sidestand recall for Scramblers

Derek

Elite Member
Subscriber
Recall Campaigns - CR129
The side stand pivot nut can detach from the bolt,
If the side stand pivot nut detaches, the pivot bolt can loosen and consequently the side stand sensor switch may no longer detect proper positioning of the stand. Three different events may occur:1) when parked, the bike may not start;2) in remote cases, during normal use on the road, the side stand sensor switch pin may become disengaged from the stand shaft causing the engine to stall;3) in remote cases, it may be possible to start the engine, engage a gear and begin riding while the side stand is still down.
An official Ducati dealer will replace the side stand pivot bolt with a new revised version that has a longer threaded portion, initially 15mm and now 17mm. Additionally, the torque will be increased to 35 Nm previously 24 Nm), and threadlock will be applied to both the pivot bolt threads and the nut threads. This will be performed free of charge.​

You can check your chassis number at the Ducati recall campaign page on their website to find out if your bike is affected, mine is. I haven't heard anything yet but expect that I will eventually.

I just received the recall notice from Ducati UK this morning. It will be April before I even think about having it done as I will not be considering a 200 mile round trip for a sidestand bolt until the weather has warmed up and the salt is off the roads.

Back