Yeah ....that's the one I've gotIt happens on the SF’s as well, I believe Rob had one replaced under warranty when he owned a SF1098S.
The one on my SF is fine at the moment, I use this additive as recommended by @HootOwl and never use E10.
![]()
ETHANOL TREATMENT
Fuel additive that improves the properties of all fuels mixed with ethanol. Its properties reduce phase separation/separation, optimise fuel efficiency and reduce corrosion. Ensures that the engine runs more easily, removes deposits in the combustion chamber, regenerates old fuel and helps to...motorex.com
Very nice. IMO the S2R bikes are the definition of greater than the sum of the parts .
Cross Linked Poly Ethelene which is 100% Ethanol Proof but a struggle to paint even with flaming and adhesion promoters - they passed the manufacturing on to another company earlier this yearExi's mates over in CA used to market a glass fibre or summink replacement tank iirc ...
Some say .....the 800 has sweeter engine than 1000 ....mine definitely woke up with the DP full system ECU airbox lid cutting etc ...Very nice. IMO the S2R bikes are the definition of greater than the sum of the parts .
Mine is the 1000 and it`s definitely a bit lumpy and rough at low speeds and low rpm compared to an 800 but it has me giggling away to myself like a loony between 3000-8000rpm. Not that its fast as it isn`t particularly but it is very very intoxicating.Some say .....the 800 has sweeter engine than 1000 ....mine definitely woke up with the DP full system ECU airbox lid cutting etc ...
Philistine!
I had one replaced too, Ducati payed for itIt happens on the SF’s as well, I believe Rob had one replaced under warranty when he owned a SF1098S.
The one on my SF is fine at the moment, I use this additive as recommended by @HootOwl and never use E10.
![]()
ETHANOL TREATMENT
Fuel additive that improves the properties of all fuels mixed with ethanol. Its properties reduce phase separation/separation, optimise fuel efficiency and reduce corrosion. Ensures that the engine runs more easily, removes deposits in the combustion chamber, regenerates old fuel and helps to...motorex.com