Short Notice: Early Run from Yorks to Whitby

richc

New member
I'm getting up early in the morning to run up to the Whistle Stop Cafe in Whitby, from Yorkshire. Hoping to leave about 7:30 ish, and be back for 11 ish. Aiming to be out early and back for the GP, besides the roads are quieter ;) .
I know Rockjock has run marked on the calender, so I don't want to step on his toes. Going out early on my own for a blast, but anyone is welcome to join me. I'll check here later and arrange a time and place if there are any takers.
Cheers
Rich
 
Rich, I cancelled our run tomorrow as I double booked myself - UK SingleSpeed MTB Championships (we have eight riders in it, incl. moi!). Have a good one, hope you get company. Mind plod on the Whitby-Pickering and Pickering-Thirsk road.
 
would have come along rich,but i'm working......bugger!
try a run out next week?
 
It was short notice! Will hopefully have a good run out tomorrow, used to do it regularly a few years ago.
I'm hoping to get up for one of the RTL runs next weekend, so if anyone else wants to run up there with me. Been told Saturday is the better day, everyone else is watching the World Cup, whatever that is!
Rich
 
I,m game if your still up for it Rich , I'm over in Bradford so not too far from you , Post a time and meeting place if you still fancy it ;)
 
Screwy,
Looking to set off around 7:30 ish, but can be later if you want. Could meet at Squires at whatever time, or wherever is convenient. I'm only about 6 miles from there!
 
i'm sorted for next weekend rich,going up friday and camping all weekend.see ya there mate. :thumbs:
have a good run tomorrow,watch out for plod tho' :D :D :D
 
Rich, can't remember if i said or not - I'm off to RTL Sat am. We could meet up here or at Skipton, depending on what's good for you really. I want to go at about 7.30, have a run before we get to Ullswater.
 
Discussed this with Rich this morning Pete ,We will try and sort something out ;)

Big thanks to Rich for letting me tag along today , a great ride out with some decent roads :cool:
 
Pete, name a time and place for next Sat. Thinking so far is to meet at Harrogate.

Screwy, glad you a good run out, back a bit later than we hoped but never mind. No sight of Plod at all. Just loads of people gawking at two cool bikes at every stop!

Interesting to note, we saw loads of Dukes out today, why aren't they here with us!

Cheers
Rich
 
Sounds OK to me. My usual meetup point is on the A61 South of Harrogate on the way from Leeds. Just after the Pannal one million traffic light junction on the RIGHT is Euromaster Tyres/Total Gas/Mercedes Garage complex.

I would think it best if we avoid the usual A59 (woman rider died there today) and A65 route by heading North from here to Hawes, cutting back toward Kendal, or over to Penrith then onto Ullswater. Great roads, less traffic, more chance of a good runout. Should take us about two hours. If we want to get to the Inn on the Lake for 10.30 (RTL rideout from there starting at 11.30) I reckon 0800 is a good time to meet to give us plenty of time. What do you reckon?
 
Forgot to say - glad you had a good run. Let's try and check the errant Dukes down.

My race - we had eight entrants from our club - all bar one completed the course - I came in fifth of our lot but in the bottom half overall. Still, cold cans of Fosters at the finish line made up the disappointment. We were there more for the taking part than any real intent. Yes, I'm well knackered now!
 
I know the Merc place, 0800 sounds good too. Screwy, it should take about 20 - 30 mins tops to get there from the garage we mentioned today. Which is the A61 on the ring road at the Leeds end.
Will leave the navigating to you Pete!
 
OK, I know the roads pretty well so no problems there...... the first one we'll do is the A6108 - part of Bike mags 440 test route - you'll love it! See you there.
 
Back
Top Bottom