British superbike champion suing organiser for £1million after crash
Shane Byrne is taking the action in London's High Court after he suffered devastating spinal injuries in the crash on a circuit corner at Snetterton in Norfolk in May 2018.
Bit of a curly one... love shakey and feel for him re the injury but it's a dangerous sport and he knew the risks. That said, I don't know the exact ins and outs and if the track organizers/owners cut corners on safety then maybe he deserves compo...![]()
![]()
British superbike champion suing organiser for £1million after crash
Shane Byrne is taking the action in London's High Court after he suffered devastating spinal injuries in the crash on a circuit corner at Snetterton in Norfolk in May 2018.www.dailymail.co.uk
Never liked him, i wonder if he has a book or something coming out and just wants attention as ever!! As you say what everone who's had an off sued, it's the same as the TT you know the risks and your an adult not a young dumb kid.Bit of a curly one... love shakey and feel for him re the injury but it's a dangerous sport and he knew the risks. That said, I don't know the exact ins and outs and if the track organizers/owners cut corners on safety then maybe he deserves compo...
What is for sure is if every rider that had an off sued , it wouldn't take long before there was no track days or racing at all... or is that crazy talk?
Yea like I said but if track owners/ organizers had deliberately cut corners on safety to save a few bucks then perhaps he has a point and a case.. I like him, was at brands in 03 I think it was where he wild carded in the wsb and won both races... I think! My memory is a Lil fuzzy....Never liked him, i wonder if he has a book or something coming out and just wants attention as ever!! As you say what everone who's had an off sued, it's the same as the TT you know the risks and your an adult not a young dumb kid.![]()
I was at Siverstone when he won the BSB championship in 2008 and he did a rolling burnout going into the pits. I just found him annoying over time with an excuse or blaming stuff on other people a bit like Lorenzo. Yes i agree if they did cut corners then yes he has a case, one to keep an eye on to see the case against the track conditions.Yea like I said but if track owners/ organizers had deliberately cut corners on safety to save a few bucks then perhaps he has a point and a case.. I like him, was at brands in 03 I think it was where he wild carded in the wsb and won both races... I think! My memory is a Lil fuzzy....
He's no crutchlow but yes, he had his fair share of moaning!!!!!I was at Siverstone when he won the BSB championship in 2008 and he did a rolling burnout going into the pits. I just found him annoying over time with an excuse or blaming stuff on other people a bit like Lorenzo. Yes i agree if they did cut corners then yes he has a case, one to keep an eye on to see the case against the track conditions.
I was a massive Kiyonari fan and met him a couple of times, the one man that kicked Byrnes ass!!He's no crutchlow but yes, he had his fair share of moaning!!!!!