Seats, standard, dp and custom.

Seats, standard, dp and custom ?

• Bought an aftermarket/custom made seat and I wasn't impressed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
My normal range used to be between fill ups so normally 150-180 miles after that my bum needed a stretch (not that type ya filthy git)

On the fugley I didn't have the standard seat but the "DP" or "Ducati Performance" seat which seemed to consist of an add on of extra foam which you can see here
s-l1600.jpg

How have you found the standard seats? Did you buy the dp option and if so did you notice any difference? Or did you go down the custom seat/recover option?

To help others, please mention the bike/bikes, you are talking about in regards to the thread

I'm happy with the standard seat on my 900ie and the 996 although i did try the Triboseat on the 900ie riders seat because it is slippy but found it annoying so got rid, but there is Triboseat on the passenger seat for the wife and it stops her headbutting me in the back of the head(y) .

I've had the tribo seat covering on almost every bike I've had just as you say Wayne, just to stop the pillion sliding forward.

I have had one custom seat by a bloke caller digger for the blackbird. Very comfy and a fair price Digger Custom Motorcycle Seats

The standard seat on my Monster was too slippy and slopes too much towards the tank plus on long journeys I wanted less of a bend in my knees so I went down the custom route.

I bought a 2nd seat off eBay for £30 then sent it away to a vehicle upholsterer I’d found on the Monster owners FB page - goes by the name of Kelly Volkswagen. She and I had discussed what I wanted, a further inch added to the seat, less slope forwards, a carbon fibre lookalike vinyl with a red diamond stitched alcantara and tricolore stitching around the sides. It was gone for about 4 weeks as she’s busy but I was pleased enough with the results for £125.

My only criticism is after sitting on it it slips slightly out of alignment with the seat cowl - due I’m sure to my fart arse!
44F8EAEF-02FD-4CCF-A6DE-90F2FB17A908.jpeg

The standard seat on my Monster was too slippy and slopes too much towards the tank plus on long journeys I wanted less of a bend in my knees so I went down the custom route.

I bought a 2nd seat off eBay for £30 then sent it away to a vehicle upholsterer I’d found on the Monster owners FB page - goes by the name of Kelly Volkswagen. She and I had discussed what I wanted, a further inch added to the seat, less slope forwards, a carbon fibre lookalike vinyl with a red diamond stitched alcantara and tricolore stitching around the sides. It was gone for about 4 weeks as she’s busy but I was pleased enough with the results for £125.

My only criticism is after sitting on it it slips slightly out of alignment with the seat cowl - due I’m sure to my fart arse!
View attachment 6601
There's just no pleasing some people!!;):)

What about peoples pillions? Have you made changes to the factory pillion seat based of your pillion suggesting the standard one is not user friendly?

Standard on the Pani R and Desmo (which isn't much thicker than a peice of paper :oops:). I was looking at a different seat on the Hyperstrada when I had it as it was uncomforatble for a full day's touring.

I have the much lauded Superpole seat on the 1098R which is a brilliant upgrade. It's flatter with a raised section just behind the tank to stop you slipping forward. It's also about 1 1/2" higher which helps the longer legger among us and made of some super grippy rubber and rough fabric type stuff. (y)

IMG_8406.jpg

Standard seat on my ST with no complaints from the back, it is sometimes less grippy than it could be but I think that is normal for any standard seat.
My old monster was standard too, my wife complained she felt she was sliding off the back due to it sloping backwards so I changed that particular feature for the ST 🤔

Back