S4R Monster

Dukesox

Subscriber
I bought this monster on New Year`s Eve. it had been up for sale on MCN for a few weeks and with a new lockdown in force it seemed a good time to buy especially as it was quite close to home. Its a 2003 bike, 30k miles with 3 previous owners and is in very nice condition with good history up to 5 years ago when the last owner started DIY. Having seen his workshop I`m reasonably confident.
I like the fact it has a steel tank, Sargent seat and fat grips but I`m not sure about the belly pan, horrible 996 number stickers,crash bungs and red radiator cap etc but thats all easy to sort out. I`m also not sure if I need the extra BHP and torque compared to my S2R but I suppose I`ll find out in the Spring....

Attachments

• Monster.jpg
    Monster.jpg
    938 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Hughdg

Subscriber
A "proper" Monster👍🏻, so much nicer than the later offerings and a nice full exhaust system as well, I've got the same on my S4RS and it sounds great. 2021 has clearly started well for you. 😁

Dukesox

Subscriber
I really prefer them to the termi shotgun style that are higher.
How are you finding the Monster ? Less capable than a GS but lots more enjoyable perhaps ? A friend of mine has a BMW R1200RS which I have ridden a bit and I briefly had a R1200s. Both brilliant in every way apart from they forgot to make them fun IMO . I prefer the visceral & agricultural feel of a Ducati or Guzzi twin.

Last edited:

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
I like the Mivvs. I normally hate stubbies as they look like Zhed has made them. The mivvs seem to be shorter than standard but not too much, just about right.

Bradders

How are you finding the Monster ? Less capable than a GS but lots more enjoyable perhaps ? A friend of mine has a BMW R1200S which I have ridden a bit. It is brilliant in every way apart from they forgot to make it fun IMO . I prefer the visceral & agricultural feel of a Ducati or Guzzi twin.
Not ridden much tbh. But it feels feather light and knife sharp compared. But I do miss QS, cruise, heated grips... 🤣

Dukesox

Subscriber
Not ridden much tbh. But it feels feather light and knife sharp compared. But I do miss QS, cruise, heated grips... 🤣
Maybe time for heated gloves, an aftermarket cruise control thingy and clutch free gear changes ? Easy on the way up anyway.