RTL 2006 Fan-bloody-tastic

Lily said:
yeah ya sneaky git hiding in the tress to ambush us. I turned round and couldn't work out who had snuck up on me...

Strange thing is I don't think we were actually going that quick in terms of top speed, it was more that it was constant and we just didn't shut off the entire way :D

Which trees was Pete hiding in? I cant remember where he came from. It was the best thing for me that John didnt go nuts on all the really fast (straightish) bits (could have been the £20 I slipped him before we set off :D )as it meant I was still able to join in the sport on the twisties. Loved the Sunday run as it was a bit quicker and for want of a better word more competitive than the Saturday one. I do like the touring side but nothing beats having a bit of a ding dong with likeminded people. Chasing Jon was such fun as he was enjoying himself down there but I knew he didnt know the road too well and I tried a number of wildly different lines to try and get round him all of which failed miserably until he hesitated slightly coming down to a righthander and I kept it wound on and scuttled past. I do know being that bit higher up on the multi I can see through some bends that you cant on a sportsbike. Even managed to get my lard arse of the seat for some of the bends which is a little unbecoming on the tractorstrada.

I'm just glad I am not in the same group a Jon and Lily at the Oulton track day as I think I would be a rolling chicane for them to get past and I might as well paint a target sign on the back of my leathers :D Its only a couple of weeks til I will get put firmly back in my place.
 
MartinH said:
Which trees was Pete hiding in? I cant remember where he came from. It was the best thing for me that John didnt go nuts on all the really fast (straightish) bits (could have been the £20 I slipped him before we set off :D )as it meant I was still able to join in the sport on the twisties. Loved the Sunday run as it was a bit quicker and for want of a better word more competitive than the Saturday one. I do like the touring side but nothing beats having a bit of a ding dong with likeminded people. Chasing Jon was such fun as he was enjoying himself down there but I knew he didnt know the road too well and I tried a number of wildly different lines to try and get round him all of which failed miserably until he hesitated slightly coming down to a righthander and I kept it wound on and scuttled past. I do know being that bit higher up on the multi I can see through some bends that you cant on a sportsbike. Even managed to get my lard arse of the seat for some of the bends which is a little unbecoming on the tractorstrada.

I'm just glad I am not in the same group a Jon and Lily at the Oulton track day as I think I would be a rolling chicane for them to get past and I might as well paint a target sign on the back of my leathers :D Its only a couple of weeks til I will get put firmly back in my place.

Having scuttled through Pooley Bridge I realised I had set off following Mike's group - doh! So throttled back to 30 (yes 30) all the way to the "T" junction right turn onto the A6 waiting for some playmates to arrive. The layby was a few hundred yards up the A6, shaded by trees with a perfect view of your approach, but hiding me from you - if I'd had a speed camera........

I had just taken one glove off and killed the ignition when you came into view. Never got the glove back on properly and had a few interesting moments making up the gap to the back of you lot - just as you really let rip! Went past Steve and the hunt was on. The rest we all know.

Didn't know you were on the trackday Martin? That's going to be a bit of a laugh for a day (for us all I mean).
 
Haven't stopped grinning yet. What an excellent weekend, great company, roads, weather and organisation.
Hope Steve makes a quick & full recovery.
 
Yep,

Great day out on Saturday, BIG thanks to Mike and his legion of helpers.

Got to put some faces to names, real and otherwise from here and all over the UK!

Certainly opened up areas of the Lake district I'm never been near before, you deserve some backing from the Tourist board Mike!

Rode very slowly back using the A65 and didn't see the PD at all.

Fireman Sam was OK on the Sunday.................for those that don't know what the H*ll I'm on about it's probably pointless saying he lives in Pontypandy!

Thanks again,

Ray.
 
Ray said:
Fireman Sam was OK on the Sunday.................for those that don't know what the H*ll I'm on about it's probably pointless saying he lives in Pontypandy!

:D :D
 
Just a point of information needed here - we had Martin and Martin from Ducati Manchester and Ducati Glasgow on RTL, but was anybody from Ducati Leeds present? Or did I miss them!
 
rockjock620 said:
Just a point of information needed here - we had Martin and Martin from Ducati Manchester and Ducati Glasgow on RTL, but was anybody from Ducati Leeds present? Or did I miss them!

They had a trip to WDW organised and even though WDW didn't happen still made their way to Italy :)
 
Hi everyone,

I know its been a couple of days now, but I'm still on a bit of a high from RTL..........which must just go to show what great fun was had by all.

So can I just add my thanks to everyone for all the hard work that was put in to the organisation of the weekends events, and to the warm welcome and hospitality that was givien to the BHCN.

Many Thanks

Lee
 
Feel like tail end charlie coming into the post so late. Went away for a little holiday straight after RTL. Thanks to KefffyB for putting a few words in on an earlier post on behalf of the BHCN. I would all so like to thank all the people that made RTL the success it was. With out those people making the effort to attend such an event we would not have the special week end we all share together. I have written my own version of events as seen from the cockpit and hope fully if the Editor of Pronto agrees have the piece printed ?
Maybe one day we can invite you boys down to some of our roads. Im sure you will find them to your liking Maybe call in DITM (Ducati in the Middle )
Thanks again guys Ride Safe 4D
 
Back
Top Bottom