Previous owner trying to find his Race style 748

iconic944ss

Elite Member
A post from a guy on the DSC:

"I am trying to trace my previous 748, I used to post on the main site back when I had it but have been silent for a while.
Anyway I had a chilli rep 748 and I sold it to a guy in Scotland, he sold it about 2 year ago to a guy who fell off it at Knockhill then got rid of it to a bike shop in fife or Perth. Does anyone know where it is?
From what I can see online it has not been back on the road since, registration number was X384awa and I will try to get a few pictures from when it was in my ownership
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Adam"

IMG_0776.jpg

Yeah I remember him, he came up to a couple of highland flings with us and did a track day. Didnt really gel well with the bike I dont think.
Dougie Carrol I think
No idea where the bike went though, sorry

10357709_635330283211042_6854813578433069318_o.jpg

Well done Robbie - I wish I had your memory!

He hasn't logged into DuN in years.
I still had his email address so I sent him a message earlier to ask which bike shop he sold it to.
It pinged back as account no longer active.
😞
The trail seems to end there.

Hi Guys,
I am the previous owner looking to rebuy the 748. Thank you for the updates so far, it does look like the trail runs cold thus far but if anyone sees it at the back of a shop somewhere please keep me in mind.
I am under no illusion that has been broken for spares or is now a full time track bike but it would be nice to resurect it from the dead.
Thanks
Adam

Hi Guys,
I am the previous owner looking to rebuy the 748. Thank you for the updates so far, it does look like the trail runs cold thus far but if anyone sees it at the back of a shop somewhere please keep me in mind.
I am under no illusion that has been broken for spares or is now a full time track bike but it would be nice to resurect it from the dead.
Thanks
Adam

Hey Adam.
Hope by some miracle someone knows what shop it ended up in or got sold on to for you
:thumbs:

Nice one Phil - I never realised that.

Sadly, list of 'Reasonable causes' is finance based etc

"

• finding out who was responsible for an accident
  • tracing the registered keeper of an abandoned vehicle
  • tracing the registered keeper of a vehicle parked on private land
  • giving out parking tickets
  • giving out trespass charge notices
  • tracing people responsible for driving off without paying for goods and services
  • tracing people suspected of insurance fraud"
I did laugh at the form number V888 :cool:

Nice one Phil - I never realised that.

Sadly, list of 'Reasonable causes' is finance based etc

"

• finding out who was responsible for an accident
  • tracing the registered keeper of an abandoned vehicle
  • tracing the registered keeper of a vehicle parked on private land
  • giving out parking tickets
  • giving out trespass charge notices
  • tracing people responsible for driving off without paying for goods and services
  • tracing people suspected of insurance fraud"
I did laugh at the form number V888 :cool:

It also states -

Information about you or your vehicle
You can ask for information that DVLA holds about:

you
your current vehicle
a vehicle that used to be registered in your name
It’s free.

Information about you
You’ll need to include:
your full name
your current address​

I tried the dvla but they said they could not release any information to me about the bike even though I was a previously registered keeper ?

Back