Portimao March 2009 £699!

Ozz

New member
One of the guys on my forum has organised a 3 dayer.



His post on my site:



We now have dates held for us,wednesday March 25th ,Thursday March 26th and Friday March 27th.


3 full days on track,4 nights hotel and bike transport @£699.
The slot is held for 7 days so we need FIRM indication of intent PLEASE!
We need 94 to break even and if we can get 30 people to commit by the end of the week then the trip will take place.
I have asked OZZ to put a link up on DSC ,Upnorth and Ducatisti Could AK/CK do the same on UKMOC please.
JHP/Ducati coventry are also motivating there trackday customers to join us all.
Please just add your name here (if you have any questions please ask them in the seperate thread "european trakday questions".
Thanks.
Butch

The thread for those interested in putting your name down:

http://www.italiansportingclub.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=2352
 
March in Southern Spain and Portugal can be dodgy... but hey, and fcuking NOVEMBER isn't - I'm in - TWICE, I'll take the 1098 and D16RR this time, in for a penny in for a bankruptcy order.

Who's organising this though ???
 
Somebody needs to fire this onto Stevie K, Stevie Jnr, Martin and Laura, and Robert and Billy - who has their numbers ???? These are all SERIOUS TRACK JUNKIES.
 
Hi lads,ive seen Marty's reply on ISC ,are anymore of you trackday junkies up for this?
We really need name in by friday (or by sunday night latest!) so that we can confirm the track.
Butch
 
Butch.... we'll discuss this over a few beers tommorrow on Easy Jet, providing that doesn't get out of hand and we divert to Paris, we should have names and numbers confirmed...

I know I'm keen, so is Fergie, Marty you know about, Kenny probably and we'll speak to the others too... I'm confident we'll get the numbers to make this worthwhile.

I just need to bounce it off my sponsors, apparently their race budget for 2009 has been slashed, D16RR tyres have been limited to four a year and European track days reduced to TWO... 'kin credit crunch !!!:D :D :D
 
Now booked!
Just waiting for confirmation from the circiut.
After a bit of hard bargaining the price has been trimmed to £679!!
Details of how to book with a £200 deposit will be posted once we have confirmation.
Bring it on!
Butch:thumbs:
 
Now booked!
Just waiting for confirmation from the circiut.
After a bit of hard bargaining the price has been trimmed to £679!!
Details of how to book with a £200 deposit will be posted once we have confirmation.
Bring it on!
Butch:thumbs:

Who's it with?

Where do the bikes need picked up from? Can we manage a Scotland pick up?

I'm interested!:)

Mart
 
Always wanted to go to a European Trackday, will consider this when more details available (as per Martins DG post) etc...
 
Who's it with?

Where do the bikes need picked up from? Can we manage a Scotland pick up?

I'm interested!:)

Mart

Martin,its with NOLimits (who else!)
Im sure if there's enough of you lads in the tropics something could be sorted with your bikes(maybe group transport to meet the truck),im sure this can be sorted nearer the time.
We are waiting on the circuit confirming the dates as they have an F1 team test on the monday and tuesday before us and they may want wednesday as well!
The circuit have promised to let us know by the end of play tuesday next.
It might be an idea for one of the lads (Martin?)up there to act as some kind of group contact point to sort any issues that you have once we have confirmation.
Butch
 
Butch, one of the guys here phoned to see about a Scottish collection and lets just say the response was not glowing. Having used TrackSense a few times now, for me, the Scottish collection is ESSENTIAL. I don't have the time to take bikes down South, so I'm out chap.

What a circuit though.. might even be better than Jerez, if ANYTHING can indeed be better than Jerez. :D
 
Copy of post from Wee Johnny B on another forum :_


No Limits trip to Portimao, March 09, confirmed.

Yes, hot off the press, the No Limits crew have secured 3 days on track from Wednesday 25 to Friday 27 March inclusive.

Hotel is a three star, for four nights. Price includes bike transport. We will be running 3 groups.

Only £679

I will be there helping to run the event and of course available for instruction, (once I’ve done a couple of laps to learn the circuit!!!).

Another UK trackday operator has an event in April, but I am led to believe this is now full. We anticipate the No Limits event will fill quickly as we have had many requests to arrange it from our regular customers to be some of the first members of the UK public to ride the circuit.

You may have seen WSK there earlier this year at this brand new circuit. The circuit is allegedly a combination of some of the best corners and undulations of the existing European circuits. Facilities are excellent and it has been described by some racers as potentially the best circuit in Europe. It looks amazing and I for one can’t wait to get out in the Spring sunshine.

If you are interested, call for details. 01727 899173

WeeJohnyB
 
Butch, one of the guys here phoned to see about a Scottish collection and lets just say the response was not glowing. Having used TrackSense a few times now, for me, the Scottish collection is ESSENTIAL. I don't have the time to take bikes down South, so I'm out chap.

What a circuit though.. might even be better than Jerez, if ANYTHING can indeed be better than Jerez. :D

I Did say in an earlier post that my company may be able to help with getting the scottish bikes down to meet the truck Quote "some type of group transport".
NoLimits have done a super job (and taken a fair gamble) in pulling this off (and passed on further savings) after I had got the dates from the circuit,I will still be working to help all the Ducati community take part and enjoy the event.
Butch
 
Thanks for the update Butch, I really did like the look of Portimao, but the Scottish bike collection is an issue. So, as compensation, I'm going back to Jerez in March with Tracksense.... life is tough eh :D :D :D

Sorry, just seen you've posted in between.... appreciate the offer of the collection.... let me make a few calls and see what happens.
 
Butch, just e.mailed the "team", no doubt I'll get some feedback later today and will post an update later.

The transport is an issue as chances are THREE Desmosedicis would be going, we all tend to be a bit nervous about who handles our babies !!!!
 
Update

Butch... the wise ones have spoken, looks like the majority are nervous on the bike collection (myself included), so we'll probably sit this one out. You have posted a contact number, so anyone interested can contact you direct.

We're spoiled with Tracksense a bit, they have the truck with cradles that come up to Kilmarnock and collect the bikes... we pack them up, and that's it secured until it arrives at destination.

I am a bit surprised that other track organisers are a bit short sighted on the Scottish market, our "Haggis Burners" tend to number easily in double figures for these events and most of us don't mind paying a bit extra for a QUALITY service.
 
Back
Top Bottom