Forged mag m10 16.5 190 65 sc1 slick 9.8kg
Forged ally m10 17 200. 60 sc1 slick 10.4kg
Forged mag m10 17 200. 65 sc1 slick 10.0kg

woop woop!

Some rear wheel and tyre weights to ponder

std v4 wheel 200. 60 treaded Pirelli 11.4kg

Forged ally m10 17 200. 60 sc1 slick 10.4kg
Forged mag m10 17 200. 65 sc1 slick 10.0kg

This is really interesting as it shows that there's so little difference in the forged ally vs mag for the price difference (nearly double).

Yesh slightly bigger tyre but yeah !
when you consider mid 90's an oem wheel weighed literally x2.5 the weight of a mag, so you knew what your money was getting you, and now with tyre there's hardly bugger all in it, so unless you're on the raggedy edge of performance modern FEA analysis and production methods have actually saved you over a grand. (y)

INT FEA BRILLIANT!!!
1632057582570.png

Last edited:
So back to the HM shifter. But first I ran up the private road in set up mode for the new tyre and new sizes thats quite difficult holding it at 30 in second but it calibrated it so excellent.

I then went to try the new HM quick shifter ... nope its not working... feck sake! so back in and a check over.

So here is my set up with rear sets in race shift mode so when I select second to third and up I am pushing down on the lever which in turn is extending the HM shifter pulling rather than pushing.

IMG_0606.jpg

Now this is crucial in the set up process as per instructions
IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

C or E.. compression or extension. So I set it to E extension!!

Nothing! so internet is your friend and I found this
Screenshot 2021-09-23 at 13.31.50.png

So I reset the HM to compression and voila... it works. So the instructions are backwards! Off out again on the private road and BEA utiful!! noticeably better than the std set up!!!
Im ringing them now!

when you consider mid 90's an oem wheel weighed literally x2.5 the weight of a mag, so you knew what your money was getting you, and now with tyre there's hardly bugger all in it, so unless you're on the raggedy edge of performance modern FEA analysis and production methods have actually saved you over a grand. (y)

INT FEA BRILLIANT!!!
View attachment 27885
Maybe the saving would be well spent on

chinese alan on egay, 350 quids to your door.
Peoples republic picks up the import duty.
Looking at the value on packages I think it's just marked down and our customs ignores this 👀
Also I've bought a key ring for £0.25 before and it has been delivered fully tracked - what does the Royal Mail get for delivering such items, the other way costs over £12 for the post alone🤷‍♂️

Looking at the value on packages I think it's just marked down and our customs ignores this 👀
Also I've bought a key ring for £0.25 before and it has been delivered fully tracked - what does the Royal Mail get for delivering such items, the other way costs over £12 for the post alone🤷‍♂️
Thank god we got that sorted.

What self respecting track god would be seen with Chinese fairings, those disks have bragging rites worth at least a second a lap
you better fuck off and buy them then double quick time me old pal wi' marrabone.

I'm thinking you better get three sets just in case, and while you're at it please get quick release caliper assemblies so that the wheel, disc and caliper are all captive for a quick change like wot they have on the endurance bikes.

Imagine how much of a chubby and how awesome your nosh job will be when they see those discs on two sets of quick release front wheel setups just hanging there like willies waving in the breeze.

You'll be the track day pope I tell thee.

So After a successful year of absolute brilliance with this bike and after a casual chat whilst walking past a 998 owner in the paddock at Estoril, it looks like ive sold the bike. After a bit of chat about spec... it ended up like this and barring any hiccup leaves on Sun.........Im on to a new project!

IMG_0780.jpg

So After a successful year of absolute brilliance with this bike and after a casual chat whilst walking past a 998 owner in the paddock at Estoril, it looks like ive sold the bike. After a bit of chat about spec... it ended up like this and barring any hiccup leaves on Sun.........Im on to a new project!

View attachment 30671
What’s next Andy, V4R?

So After a successful year of absolute brilliance with this bike and after a casual chat whilst walking past a 998 owner in the paddock at Estoril,
did it start with "your bike's fucking shit, mine's not, you need to buy mine" delivered in your own inimitably factual no nonsense style?

I said I had one of them… too expensive for the track😂
He said ge was considering a v4 I said buy mine then he said ok!

Back