Pani 1299 Paint Protection Film

John W

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I want to apply some PPF.
Have any of you guys done so, and if so, which kit ?
Are any kits better than others (fit, cover, etc)

I've looked at a bunch, and its tricky to tell what bits they cover and don't cover. Plus some cover the nose in two parts, leaving a gap up the middle.
Same with the tank.

I tried to contact the guy over on the other forum who does this, but got no reply.

I'm happy to fit it myself, as I've done all my other bikes. I used to use armourfend, but cant get it from where I used to now.

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
I suspect you're talking about Rob lewis, the detailing master? It might be your pm never got to him? That won't be a problem here though ;)

@Robbi Hong Kong

Outintheopen

Subscriber
Was there a sentence misssing there? 😂
I’ll reply later, my window “detailer” has just arrived and after that I need to put a load of dirty clothes in the detailing machine.

Reminds me of when dustmen rebranded themselves as Refuse co-ordinaries.
Load of Wank.

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
Ahaaa I see the problem. This is what you're probably used too :D

Julian Germain: Extraordinary experiences, loaded with uncertainty — Arts  Cabinet

This is what rob is used to dealing with

McLaren Senna

brb my communications technician has arrived. (postie) :D

Last edited:

Outintheopen

Subscriber
Ahaaa I see the problem. This is what you're probably used too :D

Julian Germain: Extraordinary experiences, loaded with uncertainty — Arts  Cabinet

This is what rob is used to dealing with

McLaren Senna

brb my communications technician has arrived. (postie) :D
Doesn’t matter what badge it has, they still get washed (sorry “detailed”)
Wank.

John W

So, erm, which one of you nice chaps can supply ppf kits :giggle:
And possibly answer what is included / covered :)

Btw, The guy on the other site is (was) 3dom wraps.

Robbi Hong Kong

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I want to apply some PPF.
Have any of you guys done so, and if so, which kit ?
Are any kits better than others (fit, cover, etc)

I've looked at a bunch, and its tricky to tell what bits they cover and don't cover. Plus some cover the nose in two parts, leaving a gap up the middle.
Same with the tank.

I tried to contact the guy over on the other forum who does this, but got no reply.

I'm happy to fit it myself, as I've done all my other bikes. I used to use armourfend, but cant get it from where I used to now.
Hiya John....Yep sorry did not receive your message to me....TBH give XPEL UK a call and see who is the closest to you. Xpel Ultimate Plus is a truly remarkable self-healing film. It is not cheap but the patterns available on Xpel's Dap system is second to none and allows perfect fitment. Xpel can only be fitted by factory approved installers, and comes with a 10 year warranty. Hope this helps.

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
No worries Rob, appreciate you popping in, sorry for your loss. I hope you and yours are able to support each other and find a way to deal with such a loss. Best wishes bud (y)

Last edited:

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
John w, the race by design site might just be they haven't renewed thier website, they do have a facebook page with contact details and are fitters also for the XPEL system Rob mentioned

John W

They were recommended by Marcus at P&H too, and probably nearest to me.
I will see what they have to say. Thanks again 👍🍻