NO, NO, NO!

sev

Subscriber
How about asking Busri for the drawing files a nd asking iconic parts or similar to cnc them.

All my machining is by hand and would take a lot of time to make.
I'd love to think that Bursi are the sort of people to just hand over the drawing for something, but I very much doubt it.
In the past, be it they or pierobon just reply with the "sorry NLA" reply and that's where it ends.
Ohlins on the other hand surprisingly have been very good. Ohlins USA have in the past been happy for you to have the drawing for a spacer or bracket to get it made somewhere else if something is out of production at the mothership.

final_edition

Subscriber
I'd love to think that Bursi are the sort of people to just hand over the drawing for something, but I very much doubt it.
In the past, be it they or pierobon just reply with the "sorry NLA" reply and that's where it ends.
Ohlins on the other hand surprisingly have been very good. Ohlins USA have in the past been happy for you to have the drawing for a spacer or bracket to get it made somewhere else if something is out of production at the mothership.
I am happy for you to use my adjusters etc to get copied.

sev

Subscriber
@final_edition regarding the bursi swingarm..
Is it an RS arm with road bike compatible adjusters, or is it a road arm with the rs style adjusters?

im thinking of the geometry of the cavity the exhaust passes through, which on the rs is larger to accommodate the 63,5.

final_edition

Subscriber
@final_edition regarding the bursi swingarm..
Is it an RS arm with road bike compatible adjusters, or is it a road arm with the rs style adjusters?

im thinking of the geometry of the cavity the exhaust passes through, which on the rs is larger to accommodate the 63,5.
I haven't split the adjusters so not had a look at how they compare to road parts.

As I am aware, a 63mm RS Termi system was used with the arm.

sev

Subscriber
As I am aware, a 63mm RS Termi system was used with the arm.
Thats great, so its git the bigger cavitation.
The adjusters are different to full fat RS and F0 but thats no bad thing, and nothing that can’t be reverse engineered.

I may be tapping you up for some dimensions :)

final_edition

Subscriber
Thats great, so its git the bigger cavitation.
The adjusters are different to full fat RS and F0 but thats no bad thing, and nothing that can’t be reverse engineered.

I may be tapping you up for some dimensions :)
The 2moto ones look more RS alike.
You are welcome to come and have a look/measure at this one before committing to the Italian one.

final_edition

Subscriber
52441623_2018270788286064_3974725721137348608_n.jpg

2Moto

sev

Subscriber
The caliper mounting spacing is 64mm race size, as opposed to the 84 of the road ones.
I think once the basic geometry is defined then the mounting brackets can be tailored to suit.

he needs to come back with a price including shipping first. That machining will easily run into the 5-600 quid mark for that lot I reckon, as they’re big chunks of billet, and you pay premium for one off tax, which instantly excludes iconic out of the equation - he’s only interested if he can get volume orders.

Exige

Elite Member
Subscriber
I think once the basic geometry is defined then the mounting brackets can be tailored to suit.

he needs to come back with a price including shipping first. That machining will easily run into the 5-600 quid mark for that lot I reckon, as they’re big chunks of billet, and you pay premium for one off tax, which instantly excludes iconic out of the equation - he’s only interested if he can get volume orders.

I know of a one armed machinist with a modern CNC Work Centre in his garage at home who does 1 offs that get dropped off at the pub 👀

Kawasaki KR1000 Replica 42.jpg

sev

Subscriber
He might have been 👀, can you get the CAD done as I also know of a 2 armed & 2 legged CAD man who will do it in his dinner break - he was also in a band :cool: or once went to see a band :unsure:
If you know a tame machinist that can accept cad files then happy days :)