No Diavel owner's in yet?

Robarano

2 time 'Bike of the Month' winner.
Subscriber
Strange. I like em, nearly bought the carbon edition before my SFS. :unsure:

Guilty.

Not much activity might be a good indication that Diavel owners haven't experienced any problems...or maybe that they just don't like to whinge about them ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1055b.jpg
    IMG_1055b.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 104
IMG_2339.jpeg

OK then, here is my 2011 Diavel Carbon. Bought locally last summer and I love it. I remember trying one at Italia Classic in Lincoln when they were still trading when they were launched. It was a bike that clearly stayed at the back of my mind because of the positive impression it made so probably no surprise I have ended up with one! At 6’ 1” I find it comfy for the riding I use her for and (IMHO) she is fast (if you want), good to look at and different. For whatever reason you don't see many around. Mods since I took ownership include the HP Corse silencer, some EvoTech protection, a Sargent seat, a Puig screen, changed mirrors and levers, fitted a Nitron shock at the rear and had MCT in Stowmarket improve the front forks. Upgrading suspension was definitely money well spent. Now thinking about an ECU reflash to improve low speed engine running which is a touch “gruff” shall we say…… BSD are nearby and are highly regarded for Ducati servicing etc.
The bike came with the Evotech tail tidy which I am unconvinced by. Might look to refit the original to see if I like that any better.
Just ordered new belts and a starter cable upgrade kit so it looks like she is a keeper for now! Not sure the new V4 version does it for me from a styling viewpoint but thats a personal opinion…….

View attachment 83165

OK then, here is my 2011 Diavel Carbon. Bought locally last summer and I love it. I remember trying one at Italia Classic in Lincoln when they were still trading when they were launched. It was a bike that clearly stayed at the back of my mind because of the positive impression it made so probably no surprise I have ended up with one! At 6’ 1” I find it comfy for the riding I use her for and (IMHO) she is fast (if you want), good to look at and different. For whatever reason you don't see many around. Mods since I took ownership include the HP Corse silencer, some EvoTech protection, a Sargent seat, a Puig screen, changed mirrors and levers, fitted a Nitron shock at the rear and had MCT in Stowmarket improve the front forks. Upgrading suspension was definitely money well spent. Now thinking about an ECU reflash to improve low speed engine running which is a touch “gruff” shall we say…… BSD are nearby and are highly regarded for Ducati servicing etc.
The bike came with the Evotech tail tidy which I am unconvinced by. Might look to refit the original to see if I like that any better.
Just ordered new belts and a starter cable upgrade kit so it looks like she is a keeper for now! Not sure the new V4 version does it for me from a styling viewpoint but thats a personal opinion…….

Cool bike :)

View attachment 83165

I’m sure there’ll be one in my shed one day.

I actually like the X version 😱. There, I’ve said it. Outed myself. However, I’m not that keen on the feet forward bit, but there’s a beautiful black XDiavel just arrived in a another bike brand dealer’s showroom in Cork which has had the conversion to normal footpeg position done …. Hmmm 🤔

Back