New V4 Sports Tourer, place your orders now.

Would you be interested in buying V4 Sports Tourer?

• Yes I’d be interested in buying a road biased V4 Sports Tourer.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I’m interested in buying the off road biased V4 Multistrada.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Sambo

Subscriber
Lockdown has some benefits. I spent most of yesterday designing the motorbike that I thought Ducati should have put the new V4 engine in.

How many of you would be interested in buying one of these?

Personally for touring I’m happy to trade horsepower for torque. There’d still be enough power there to lose your license quite easily. However I’ve proposed two engine variants.

Here’s my spec.

DUCATI ST V4 Design proposal.

Capacity 1158cc V4.

Two engine models:

145 Hp max torque 140Nm

200 Hp max torque 100Nm (R model)

Dry Weight 200Kg or less.

Front Tyre 120/70 zr 17

Rear Tyre 195/55 zr 17

Seat height 800 - 820mm

Cast aluminium monocoque frame and rear sub frame.

Facility to mount hard luggage.

Rear brake reservoir mounted away from the heat of the engine.

Attachments

• DEDF687F-2F9F-4003-9295-9127BE2F6419.jpeg
    DEDF687F-2F9F-4003-9295-9127BE2F6419.jpeg
    759.9 KB · Views: 121
Lockdown has some benefits. I spent most of yesterday designing the motorbike that I thought Ducati should have put the new V4 engine in.

How many of you would be interested in buying one of these?

Personally for touring I’m happy to trade horsepower for torque. There’d still be enough power there to lose your license quite easily. However I’ve proposed two engine variants.

Here’s my spec.

DUCATI ST V4 Design proposal.

Capacity 1158cc V4.

Two engine models:

145 Hp max torque 140Nm

200 Hp max torque 100Nm (R model)

Dry Weight 200Kg or less.

Front Tyre 120/70 zr 17

Rear Tyre 195/55 zr 17

Seat height 800 - 820mm

Cast aluminium monocoque frame and rear sub frame.

Facility to mount hard luggage.

Rear brake reservoir mounted away from the heat of the engine.
So long as it's got proper valve springs it's better than a Mutley :) (y)

I actually think the ST range was vastly underated and agree with you @Sambo that is a genuine Sports Tourer was brought out it could be a winner. However, the market as a whole, IMO, is not in that space, that space is filled by the 'Adventure bikes' so it would have to be a brave Ducati who tried to create a new market space - but hey, they've done it before. If enough customers petitioned them for it who knows what they might do 🤔

I remember when Honda tried to replace the Blackbird and vfr800 by launching the vfr1200 v4 It suffered terribly in its first years with Honda withdrawing it after only 7 years and not filling the gap since.

I remember when Honda tried to replace the Blackbird and vfr800 by launching the vfr1200 v4 It suffered terribly in its first years with Honda withdrawing it after only 7 years and not filling the gap since.
the blackbird was a bench mark bike.......the vfr 1200 was a very good bike too.....unfortunately the wobble thing broke it....I can remember going to a Honda test at bruntingthorpe with 12 or so 1200s in line try one tell us what you think try another tell us what you think...and so on....shame really cos all the Rospa POLITE brigade bought them....The police fleet changing totally messed them up..

I don’t think most people like the adventure bikes, it’s just that’s what they’re given to choose from as a touring bike package and guess what, the package works.

If you put all the touring toys on an attractive V4 road bike I’m sure it would be a success.

I don’t think most people like the adventure bikes, it’s just that’s what they’re given to choose from as a touring bike package and guess what, the package works.

If you put all the touring toys on an attractive V4 road bike I’m sure it would be a success.
Why not put it to a vote?

Can someone set up a poll? I don’t know how to.

Options:

145-160hp with 140Nm torque ideal for road version.

200hp with approximately 100Nm torque if you like a wild machine. Like the Streetfighter.

Option 3: The off road biased V4 Multistrada.

Can someone set up a poll? I don’t know how to.

Options:

145-160hp with 140Nm torque ideal for road version.

200hp with approximately 100Nm torque if you like a wild machine. Like the Streetfighter.

Option 3: The off road biased V4 Multistrada.
Only you on your opening post - and you need to keep it simple, V4SS Vs V4 Multi - don't do a Noobie and confuse the feck out of everyone 🤷‍♂️

Back