New Streetfighter V2

PerryL

Subscriber
1637010678590.png

I got an email from Ducati to day and thought this looked interesting. And then I looked at the price - £15,000! I don't think so, for me!

PerryL

Subscriber
What I don't get (and I accept that it may be me) is that this bike is not a tourer, or out-and-out sports bike - it is just a fun bike for laughs, with nothing wrong in that. At £15 grand, that is a very expensive laugh!

PerryL

Subscriber
I like the bike a lot but £15K is silly money.
Saying that, all bikes are silly money nowadays. I’ll wait till the V4S comes down a bit in price second hand.
My "desire" list is between that and the new Guzzi V100. I think they are both about the same money. No rush though...

Noobie

Bona fortuna
Subscriber
MCN aus review

Gimlet

Elite Member
Subscriber
It's around the same price as a 1290 Superduke, a Tuono Factory or an MT10 SP. It's a touch down on power against the first two but not hugely, and comparable to the MT. But it's 25 odd bhp up on the 890 Duke and 30+ against the MT09 so it's a league above those and I can't see how it can be thought a direct competitor. Compared to it's nearest rivals it seems competitively priced to me. And you can't often say that about a Ducati. Why do people think it's expensive? A V4 is expensive.

It's a nice bike but if they wanted to make a new V2 SF why didn't they use the 1299 engine while they had it and give it 180 bhp and 100 ft/lb? Can't be because of Euro 5 because KTM have managed to make the Superduke engine compliant.