New Ducati Supersport 950s revealed.

Dox

Subscriber
They should stick the V2 engine in it. I had a Supersport S and loved it, it just wants more power.

I did a tour to southern Italy on it and it's the most comfortable bike I've had - loads more comfortable than the Multi...better seat and less turbulance. I tried 4 different screens on my Multis and never got as good as the SS. If they brought one out with another 30+bhp I'd get one.

Derek

Elite Member
Subscriber
When I decided it was time to replace the Multi I tried the new Supersport 939 and the DVT Multi back to back. As soon as I tried it the Supersport was the bike for me. It fitted like a glove , was more comfortable, much lighter and above had a sensible seat height. It also had the option of panniers which I needed as I had a trip to Belgian booked for later that year. The downside is the panniers were ludicrously expensive but I had no option as there were still no 3rd party ones available at the time. Occasionally a bit more power would be good but most of the time I'm happy with what it has, although the Termi exhaust and upmap add a bit and very noticeably improve the mid range.
The new 950 seems to be the same but better, with cornering ABS, LED headlights, a new fairing, and a TFT screen.

Dox

Subscriber
Hi Derek, I got some SW-Motech Blaze panniers for mine, and have used them on my BM, just had to buy the relevant fitting kit.