New 2021 Ducati Panigale V4 SP Unveiled

Shed Boy

Active member
Subscriber
EnIBV-6W8AILn_M.webp
 
How much with a standard exhaust by the looks of it... unless theyve cutout the gubbings inside then no problem...
 
So, the takeout is carbon wheels and a paintjob and a couple of bits and bobs.

Nowhere near what the 1198SP packed. Fail.
 
it may attract those that want an R but don't want the R maintenance costs, i think its a good step between the S and R version..
would be interesting to see the price point
 
As a parts bin special goes...at ducati prices

V4S 2500
rearsets 1100
Wheels 4000
Dry clutch 2500

So on point with the cost..

id do other things to a 2020 base v4 with my 10K....oh hang on?
 
Always makes me laugh when they ramp up the price of the bikes with bolt ons and yet don't offset the price of the standard parts.
Sure, a set of carbon wheels may run at 4k, but the standard S wheels run at over 3 when new. A bike cant be sold with no wheels. There should only be a an extra 1k to add on. Same with rearsets, clutch etc.
Engine internals is a different ball game.

I remember speccing up a new car with alloys and tyres maybe 15 yrs ago, and it costing about 1500 quid. Items were dealer fit at PDI.
They got a bit shirty when I asked for the original fitment stuff, but when I pressed the point, they handed them over. The extra alloys were the same price whether I had ordered them with car delivery or six months later if fancying a change. Why should the dealer have got the perks of taking the standard parts just because they were a delivery fit item.
 
Last edited:
Always makes me laugh when they ramp up the price of the bikes with bolt ons and yet don't offset the price of the standard parts.
Sure, a set of carbon wheels may run at 4k, but the standard S wheels run at over 3 when new. A bike cant be sold with no wheels. There should only be a an extra 1k to add on. Same with rearsets, clutch etc.
Engine internals is a different ball game.

I remember speccing up a new car with alloys and tyres maybe 15 yrs ago, and it costing about 1500 quid. Items were dealer fit at PDI.
They got a bit shirty when I asked for the original fitment stuff, but when I pressed the point, they handed them over. The extra alloys were the same price whether I had ordered them with car delivery or six months later if fancying a change. Why should the dealer have got the perks of taking the standard parts just because they were a delivery fit item.
Worked for BMW MINI dealer years ago JCW conversion on the mini was a night mare with the amount of bumper left over - took ages to sell the bloody things £25 each all sold to one guy who kept them in a barn in the end - he made a fortune about 5 years later selling to body shops all pre painted.
 
As a parts bin special goes...at ducati prices

V4S 2500
rearsets 1100
Wheels 4000
Dry clutch 2500

So on point with the cost..

id do other things to a 2020 base v4 with my 10K....oh hang on?
Rearsets aren't 1100. 800 tops. Can't remember what the dry clutch conversion was, but I don't think it was 2.5k fitted.

I think the paint job looks great. It's no more special (or faster) than my 2018 V4S. And as you hint, if you go for the V4 base, there's plenty to spend on how you want it. A blank canvass, if you will, with a wedge left over.
 
And as the standard footrest kits run to around 400 per side with VAT if you price up the parts on line, then the addition of the fancy rearsets should only add
around 300 max as a premium on top of the base bike cost.
Dick Turpin is obviously working in the bike pricing dept these days.
 
given it's such an ugly bike :D I'm surprised this has been launched and aimed as a track bike given it's so close price wise to a v4r

Personally if I was visually afflicted enough to want one, I'd buy a second hand standard v4 with an akro already fitted for around £15k, then get it wrapped so it looks like an sp and either carbon dip your wheels or buy real ones, all in, £17k and half the price. Most v4 riders are not trackies.

To me it looks like ducati have run out of idea's so seem to be just punting out ripp off "ltd editions"
 
given it's such an ugly bike :D I'm surprised this has been launched and aimed as a track bike given it's so close price wise to a v4r

Personally if I was visually afflicted enough to want one, I'd buy a second hand standard v4 with an akro already fitted for around £15k, then get it wrapped so it looks like an sp and either carbon dip your wheels or buy real ones, all in, £17k and half the price. Most v4 riders are not trackies.

To me it looks like ducati have run out of idea's so seem to be just punting out ripp off "ltd editions"
VAG specials 😁
 
SP does get some trinkets added but it also gets second gen Ohlins active suspension, a couple of “race” modes for different track conditions/riding styles and above it’s all it’s Euro 5, as are all the new bikes this year, and why there’s no V4R as that wouldn’t go thru the regs. Euro 5 has seen a hell of lot tweaking and tech go off under the skin and in the electronic in order to meet the regs.
I like the SP, in fact I’d take it over the R.
 
SP does get some trinkets added but it also gets second gen Ohlins active suspension, a couple of “race” modes for different track conditions/riding styles and above it’s all it’s Euro 5, as are all the new bikes this year, and why there’s no V4R as that wouldn’t go thru the regs. Euro 5 has seen a hell of lot tweaking and tech go off under the skin and in the electronic in order to meet the regs.
I like the SP, in fact I’d take it over the R.
All that feckin about with compliance of euro 5. And the first thing everyone does is take a hacksaw to that OE zorst and sticks a race system on.
 
well i wouldn't buy the rizoma ones.... ie ducati shoit. I bought spider race change which are around the price you quoted...
 
Looks shit and those wheels look the kind of thing some bad boy would have on his Audi TT.
massive fail for me
 
Back
Top Bottom