MWord help.

dseered

New member
Right I am trying to do something that will benefit us all here on DuN, I produced some cards to leave on bikes, they work well and while chatting to Borderduc, he was doing the same thing, so we decided to combine forces !

Dave uses some 'ready cut' cards that he is going to supply the part number so we can all print out our own for those that wish to have some.

Dave supplied me with the template a while back now so I could set it up with the artwork I had produced, this is where I am getting stuck, my artwork is in Adobe Illustrator and I can't seem to get it into Word in any flaming format.

Anybody ???

:comp2: :comp2: :comp2: :comp2: :comp2: :comp2: :comp2: :comp2:
 
Hi mate...if you want to sent it across, I'll have a bash :thumbs: You should be able to export the file to a whole load of different formats, most of which Word can import as an image.
 
latest word can read illustrator EPS files can't it?? MS improved Powerpoint for mac to be able to do it so i think they'll have put same import filter into word.

if not export as jpg and import into word should do it. good luck :)
 
Not sure my Office on Mac is the latest, ahem, release. I am fighting with Excel on my lappy at the moment so will have a go when I have finished these forcasts and general shiiiiiiiiite, sometimes I hate work !
 
Ian, the key is in either exporting the file to suitable format - then import or place it in word.
OR
USE YOUR CLIP BOARD (do they have them on Macs?)
Copy or capture the illustrator image then open an instance of photoshop.
Now paste the clipboard contents to new page and save as your desired file type.
OR
save your eps file as per normal then import it from within photoshop.

If you have a clip art or similar type screen dump image there's an easy way to get a gif image from word:
insert the clip art or screen dump into a new word document, then in the file save as option change the file type to HTML.
Word should warn that you may lose formatting but accept that dialogue and save the file.
Any pictures in the document should then be automatically saved as a gif file in the same folder as the document.

Excel? My middle name is Excel. TOP excel tip - (feck me this i getting geekier by the minute) - in any list or table, select any ONE cell, then press the F11 key - Hey presto, excel has a best guess and creates a chart from the table. Now you just change the chart type or data source - but it's good for starters.
 
Back
Top Bottom