Mobile phones

Hugo Magnus

Elite Member
Subscriber
I bought my I phone 4s when they first came out and still have it (and I'm rather attached to it).
Imagine my dismay when I'm told that 'they' are switching off G3 so I need to buy another handset!
This one is perfectly good for all my needs. I hate waste.


What now? a second hand I phone or the latest 14 (which I'm told will track and trace me everywhere).
 
I bought my I phone 4s when they first came out and still have it (and I'm rather attached to it).
Imagine my dismay when I'm told that 'they' are switching off G3 so I need to buy another handset!
This one is perfectly good for all my needs. I hate waste.


What now? a second hand I phone or the latest 14 (which I'm told will track and trace me everywhere).

Get a newer one - just leave it at home if you're going out to do a crime.
 
You like iphones rob because they have a built in spirit level

Do you know your eyes 👀 are at an angle of 11.7° ? :unsure: I just measured them.

1694515572799.png


Noobies Wonky Peepers.jpg
 
Last edited:
Update:

I bit the bullet and upgraded to the iPhone 15.

Now that I have the technology I decided to have a play with Ducati link.

I got the app and blue toothed it to the bike went for a ride, then looked at the app and as far as I could see nothing had been recorded.

Before I ask @PerryL for a definitive answer, I thought I'd throw it open to the whole community to tell me where I'm going wrong.
 
Update:

I bit the bullet and upgraded to the iPhone 15.

Now that I have the technology I decided to have a play with Ducati link.

I got the app and blue toothed it to the bike went for a ride, then looked at the app and as far as I could see nothing had been recorded.

Before I ask @PerryL for a definitive answer, I thought I'd throw it open to the whole community to tell me where I'm going wrong.
Fuck your iPhone.

Yay, I helped!
 
Fuck your iPhone.

Did that work Hugo ?

In case it didn’t it’s worth searching internet.

(I don’t have a compatible bike, but love gadgets and have read about it a bit).

Seems it’s fussy about where the phone is placed, or it loses connection and better to properly close any other apps.
 
Update:

I bit the bullet and upgraded to the iPhone 15.

Now that I have the technology I decided to have a play with Ducati link.

I got the app and blue toothed it to the bike went for a ride, then looked at the app and as far as I could see nothing had been recorded.

Before I ask @PerryL for a definitive answer, I thought I'd throw it open to the whole community to tell me where I'm going wrong.
As @Loz said, iPhone, iPhone is where you went wrong 👍😬
 
I think @West Cork Paul has used this app. Hopefully he will have time to enlighten me further.

I think / hope Loz's suggestion was metaphorical.
I don’t use Ducati Link, so can’t comment, that’s for the old Multistradas - you need to update your bike now too 🤣.

I use Ducati Connect - but that doesn’t record trips if that’s what you’re after. For that, I use MyRide by Yamaha - or sometimes Calimoto.
 
Thanks Paul, I'll update when they come up with something better than the 1260s😉. Why have you gone for My ride and not Ducati Link?
 
Thanks Paul, I'll update when they come up with something better than the 1260s😉. Why have you gone for My ride and not Ducati Link?
Ducati Link doesn’t work with the V4 afaik.
Someone introduced me to MyRide a few years back and it just works and doesn’t use loads of battery power.

I’m gonna go and check out Ducati Link again now.
 
Back
Top Bottom