• Don't leave it too late to get your limited edition 2022 Calendar, once they're gone, they're gone, and there's only a very few left now. If not already done so get your hands in your pockets and place an order please. All proceeds go towards the operational costs of your Forum. Simply click on your avatar, then select Account Upgrades and click on 2022 Calendar. This message will only self-destruct once we've sold out.

Menu items on phone.

Alan Williams

Elite Member
Subscriber
4CD9ADCC-91A2-40AA-A9A0-3AD781C8D184.jpeg

Seem to be getting odd behaviour on my phone (IOS 15).

None of the menu items in the reply box are working.

Not sure if it is since IOS 15 or not.

Loz

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...
Subscriber
Not read the thread but my budgie, Mr Hibs, just rang the missus on my phone while she is at work. I'm not kidding. I'm in trub.

Is there anything that can be done to the forum to prevent this happening again?

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
I've just used my iphone 12 to sign in and it's still on ios 14.8 with the offer for 15. I decided not to download it and have the normal non grey icons.

Exige

Elite Member
Subscriber
Not read the thread but my budgie, Mr Hibs, just rang the missus on my phone while she is at work. I'm not kidding. I'm in trub.

Is there anything that can be done to the forum to prevent this happening again?
📱 🦜

• Agree
Reactions: Loz

Loz

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...
Subscriber
To stop me having to track back to the start of the thread ... what did your budgie do, Agent Al?

Alan Williams

Elite Member
Subscriber
To stop me having to track back to the start of the thread ... what did your budgie do, Agent Al?
Nice of you to ask, I do appreciate your concern.

This
077569A9-0E37-41C9-AE7B-256340BCF261.jpeg

And this

E4435E3F-DB10-4EB8-A894-25B5C12F755C.jpeg

And somehow that meant I thought my phone was broken or the forum was broken. I was very worried, I can tell you.

Turns out it was nothing to do with the budgie, I had been a tit and pressed something by mistake.

Again, thank you for your concern.

( I need a lay down now, very stressful voting Green)

Alan Williams

Elite Member
Subscriber
I've just used my iphone 12 to sign in and it's still on ios 14.8 with the offer for 15. I decided not to download it and have the normal non grey icons.
That’s lovely.

Is your budgie obsessed with toilet roll and kitchen roll though. Hey. Hey.

😀

The GOAT

Administrator
Staff member
The menu icons in the reply box have always been light grey, at least on every device I have.

The [ ] is to toggle BB code on/off. When you toggle it on the box expects you to write (or paste in) your own markup language, hence the other icons are deactivated. It stands for BulletinBoard and was used on many Internet forums in the olden days. It’s like a lightweight version of HTML - nothing for anyone to worry themselves about here.

Loz

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...
Subscriber
The menu icons in the reply box have always been light grey, at least on every device I have.

The [ ] is to toggle BB code on/off. When you toggle it on the box expects you to write (or paste in) your own markup language, hence the other icons are deactivated. It stands for BulletinBoard and was used on many Internet forums in the olden days. It’s like a lightweight version of HTML - nothing for anyone to worry themselves about here.
:oops:

Alan Williams

Elite Member
Subscriber

Ooh. I’m gonna play and see what BB code works and what doesn’t now. Thank you.

Loz

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...
Subscriber
I have, I read Loz's Thesus on the matter. He was so brave to undertake the partial operation just for research. A true hero
Thanks!

You had it worse though. With your allergy to penicillin and easily bruised skin and such.