Logging in issues !

David848

Active member
Subscriber
When I want to comment on a post , alter my profile, read private messages, add my attendance at an event or basically anything I have to log in again, and again, and again..... it's doing my box in so it is !!!! Anyone else have this issue ?
 
I don't know what's going on there but I'll see if I can do anything. I'm presuming that when you log in you are checking the box that says "Remember me"?
 
YES.

its doing the same to me now (this is like the 5th time ive tried replying) on my pc and also phone.

was doing the same a few weeks ago but seemed to resolve itself.

got round it by having two tabs open in my pc browser windo both logged into DuN and thats the only way I can comment on threads without getting kicked out.

strange

:dunno:
 
Hi guys, anyone who is experiencing this issue - check that they haven't blocked cookies from ducati-upnorth.com (to stay logged in requires a cookie on your PC) and could you also let me know what browser / operating system you are using (Windows, OSX, iOS, etc)?
 
Hi guys, anyone who is experiencing this issue - check that they haven't blocked cookies from ducati-upnorth.com (to stay logged in requires a cookie on your PC) and could you also let me know what browser / operating system you are using (Windows, OSX, iOS, etc)?


Not sure how I would check that they have blocked cookies because I don't know who "they" are?

Am using a Windows 7 with chrome at work and windows 10, at home also with chrome.

Both logging me out random.

Thanks for any help

:thumbs:
 
Hi miles, as Robbie explained above, kept getting kicked out and having to log-in three or four times on both IOS devices at home and PC at work operating windows ( not sure what version ). One thing I must admit to is I never noticed the tick box ( keep me logged in ) which I have now ticked so will see if that helps ( Thanks Derek )
 
Ticking the box should set a cookie in your browser that keeps you logged in (hopefully).
 
Not sure how I would check that they have blocked cookies because I don't know who "they" are?

"They" are the people experiencing the problem!

Anti-virus software, etc. can give the option to block cookies. I'm can't be sure how your PC is configured, but staying logged in relies on a cookie being set. No cookie = login each time you do anything on the site.

In Chrome you can check which cookies are associated with a site (and if any have been blocked) by clicking on the "i" in the URL bar:

vxgZtiy.jpg
 
42246747_10160890800930113_4855059189203992576_n.jpg


:dunno:

seems ive allowed cookies but it still kicked me out previously without any change.

not sure what my work settings say.
 
Cookies also allowed on my work computer, but today the issue isnt rearing its head, likewise at home.

It just happens at random, the odd days the computer just decides to say no!

:dunno:
 
If cookies are not blocked outright, one thing that would cause issues with this is that somehow the cookies are being set to expire after a very short time.

(Each cookie has an expiry date - after which they will be nullified and have to be reset, forcing a login, etc).

It seems alright now, so all I can think of is that maybe the server clock was was set wrong and has been subsequently been updated? Or the forum is haunted... ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom