MartinH
New member
alane said:didn't want to appear confrontational Martin, just trying to open up the debate to the fact that the decision to apply this roadcheck alleges to have been based upon the number of accidents involving motorcyclists in that area. Whilst I can agree in part with the roadside checks I also think the police are incapable of applying the rules fairly and justly across all areas of the public, because if they were then we would see large areas of motorway access roads (or more to the point service areas) also subject to roadside checks.
Alan, I didnt take it as confrontational at all. I just wanted to make it clear I was not condoning the police tactics thats all. It seems to me as if they have been told to go out and put as many bikers as possible off visiting the area. I know something has to be done up there as it was bedlam a few weeks ago. Doing the usual small plate/visor/exhaust malarkey isnt going to make any difference to the accident figures. Granted if the police keep doing this maybe people will ride elsewhere and increase the accident statistics in another area. It does wind me up as when I was up in the lakes a large gang of youths came past my house and threw a rock at one of the cars in my drive and also smashed the window of my neighbours freelander. Even though there was a witness the police did nothing but move the kids on. Kind of winds me up to see or hear of a large amount of policemen stood at the side of the road stopping every bike the same day.