Lang Whang

john

The Lang Whang? One road from Balerno to Carstairs just brilliant and the test bed for my Sebring Vic Camp replica back in the 70S

Spud Raver

I know it well.....but the last time I went along there, some lorry had tipped diesel all along it for 3 miles :eek:

borderduc

Desmodromically delirious
Damn !. Someone's spotted it. I was hoping to keep this one a secret and maybe include it in the Midgie Masher Flypast in August. Oh, well.

A great "progress" road, isn't it ?. That was my local blast for ten years while I lived in Balerno - out the door, turn right and twenty miles of fast road through the middle of nowhere to Carnwath, then either back the same way or loop around the south side of the Pentlands via Carlops and back to the city bypass.

patch7462

Lang Wang

I know the road in question very well I was on it the other day and it was great till just before Carnwath where the farm Machinery place is and the road was covered with mud slippy slippy
Patch (New Guy)

rockjock620

Damn !. Someone's spotted it. I was hoping to keep this one a secret and maybe include it in the Midgie Masher Flypast in August. Oh, well.

A great "progress" road, isn't it ?. That was my local blast for ten years while I lived in Balerno - out the door, turn right and twenty miles of fast road through the middle of nowhere to Carnwath, then either back the same way or loop around the south side of the Pentlands via Carlops and back to the city bypass.

It's OK BB, we'll all forget about it by then........and if it is as good as you say we'll enjoy it all the more! :D

john

Something that likes bumps- eg Citroen or Renault? Mid weight bikes. On my Pantah 500 I beat a Hailwood rep and a 900SS with big Malossi carbs down to Carnwrath. The 900ss rider subsequently purchased 500 Pantah AWL 36Y as opposed to my AWL 32Y.