Labour says it's bikers turn to be pissed off now

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
bus lane


 
It would be better if that was a countrywide decision. Unless you are local to a city you don't know whether you are allowed in the bus lanes or not, so have to keep out of them just in case.
 
It would be better if that was a countrywide decision. Unless you are local to a city you don't know whether you are allowed in the bus lanes or not, so have to keep out of them just in case.
I got done £30 in Newcastle. I was using up to date sat-nav as well. It took me to a dead end with no entry signs on three sides and the only escape between two traffic islands through about ten yards of bus lane.
I'm sure they design the street deliberately to trap people and reap the fines. Needless to say, the road was deserted and I wasn't holding up any buses, but it still cost me £30 to drive across ten yards of tarmac. Bastards.
 
It would be better if that was a countrywide decision. Unless you are local to a city you don't know whether you are allowed in the bus lanes or not, so have to keep out of them just in case.
York has "Bus, Taxi, Motorcycle" lanes and they are signed as such :)
 
I got done £30 in Newcastle. I was using up to date sat-nav as well. It took me to a dead end with no entry signs on three sides and the only escape between two traffic islands through about ten yards of bus lane.
I'm sure they design the street deliberately to trap people and reap the fines. Needless to say, the road was deserted and I wasn't holding up any buses, but it still cost me £30 to drive across ten yards of tarmac. Bastards.
I pay around four to five bags a year in various taxes to travel and park around our glorious capital.
Congestion charge/ ULEZ on both vans and at least 30 parking or street access violations.
In London we have these wonderful LTN's.... a series on roads on which only local residents can drive.
These Low Traffic neighbourhoods generate around £60m each year for cash strapped local councils.
Each one is £130 per pcn, half if you pay within 14 days.

Not to mention the various bus and cycle lane violations....
Embankment has three lanes wide for cycling... if a vehicle like a bus or waste lorry is turning right and you pass on the left, and your wheel enters the sacred empty space..... cctv set to capture every infringement and bang a fine.
tumblr_oredhxbrvy1qmt01xo4_500.gif


Mostly fight them.. drain the council of this low hanging fruit.... motorists are very easy targets.

I understand that other ares of the UK have various clean air zones etc.
 
Last edited:
I pay around four to five bags a year in various taxes to travel and park around our glorious capital.
Congestion charge/ ULEZ on both vans and at least 30 parking or street access violations.
In London we have these wonderful LTN's.... a series on roads on which only local residents can drive.
These Low Traffic neighbourhoods generate around £60m each year for cash strapped local councils.
Each one is £130 per pcn, half if you pay within 14 days.

Not to mention the various bus and cycle lane violations....
Embankment has three lanes wide for cycling... if a vehicle like a bus or waste lorry is turning right and you pass on the left, and your wheel enters the sacred empty space..... cctv set to capture every infringement and bang a fine.
View attachment 124181

Mostly fight them.. drain the council of this low hanging fruit.... motorists are very easy targets.

I understand that other ares of the UK have various clean air zones etc.
Scotch low emission zones are fekkin stupid in that old shitter cars (generally between 10 and 40 years old) are completely banned, infringement is a fine which then doubles if you do it again 🙄 the only good thing is any bike is allowed in the LEZ. But then they pepper everywhere else with bus lanes and bus gates 😬 Guinnesss
 
Back
Top Bottom