Knockhill Tonight - 27th May

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mad Dash
  • Start date Start date
M

Mad Dash

Just visiting
Going to Knockhill tonight ??? Don't run away after the event, look out for The Ink Shop truck, I've got loads of pork pies, crisps, cans, mars bars etc - we'll have a bit of laugh after the event. BBQ cancelled as the weather looks naff.

See you there.

Stuart

ps - next to the green Kawasaki... sorry about that :rolleyes:
 
Going to Knockhill tonight ??? Don't run away after the event, look out for The Ink Shop truck, I've got loads of pork pies, crisps, cans, mars bars etc - we'll have a bit of laugh after the event. BBQ cancelled as the weather looks naff.

See you there.

Stuart

ps - next to the green Kawasaki... sorry about that :rolleyes:

What date is Thursday????

See you tonight
 
oops sorry Chiz, you're right... Thursday was the 28th, I thought it was the 27th. That presented me with a huge problem as I disappeared to Knockers at 3pm on what I believed was the 27th, not realising I had a meeting on the "28th" at 4pm.

Anyway, a night of mixed fortunes, indeed a night of costing fortunes for some, but hey that's motorsport. I was fortunate enough to survive a cold tyre warning a few weeks back on the D16RR and from then on RESPECT THE TYRES :hail::hail:

So, the Kwack. Many think I'm bonkers, but last night proved the theory to be correct. I am quick enough around the track, but poor on overtaking on anything but straights, late braking and general body position on the bike. The power of the 1098R meant I could easily get passed other bikes on the straights, and generally waited for that opportunity. Last night on the 600, different story. With reduced power on straights the ONLY way to get past is on turns and on the brakes... and by the end of the night was managing very well to get past litre bikes on the brakes at the end of the railway straight into the hairpin... fantastic - LOVED IT.

NOW, in a few months time, this new "skill" will be applied to the 1098R and of course with the added advantage of moocho power.

So, the instructors at Jerez / Almeria were (I think) 100% correct, LEARN, ADJUST, PROGRESS, BALLS OUT..... :D:D:D:D
 
Cracking night M.D. Have booked for July already. That is if the 848 is out of its sick bed.
I am sure DG will get me going (I HOPE!!!!!).
Again, brill night & that Kwaka is a good tool to have around a circuit.
Should have taken you up on the offer of fuel when you offered.
If you read about my nightmare journey home you will see why.:eek:;);)

AGAIN, Another great DG Tracknight.
I AM HOOKED AGAIN AFTER 20 YEARS AWAY FROM A TRACK.
 
Back
Top Bottom