Jade.....Gone but not forgotten

Spud Raver

New member
Well the wee thing had to be put down tonight. Tumour in the spleen. Quick and painless. What a sad day. 11 years and a few months. Mans best friend? ......to @@@@ing right!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear your bad news. A bonnie dog, I have had german shepherds for years and know what its like to lose them. They really do become one of the family. At least she did not suffer.
 
Very sorry to hear your sad news Davie. My German Shepherd developed a tumour at 13 and had to be put to sleep so I know what it's like. May she rest in peace.
 
Mate,

I'm really sorry to hear this, I have an idea of how much the old girl meant to you.

I hope you can take some solace from knowing that she didn't suffer, and the end was quick.

I'm sure that you'll have many fond memories of her, and hope that these will help comfort you in some small way.

Mans best friend - you're absolutely right!
 
Davie - huge hugs from us too mate.

I too used to have shepherds, as well as others, but it was always the shepherds that had a place close to my heart.

C
xx
 
Cheers guys/girls. Its a huge loss to me but you know the day was going to come sometime. She was with me 24/7. She came to work with me EVERY day. She was definately one of the family. I know a lot of my mates will be gutted too. There was no shortish of willing volunteers if I needed her looking after for a night or 2 but Im pretty sure the Postie wouldn't be on that list. ;)

She was one of the most intelligent, loyal, gorgeous dogs I have known and that isn't owners bias talking.....most people that met her said the same. :thumbs:
 
Bugger, sorry to hear the news Davie I hope you're coping OK mate.

She was a cracker after recently meeting her up at Glentress and all :(
 
bless you davie, hope you're ok. like scotty said, at least it was quick and painless. Can't help but get really attatched - just ask drew about his cat!
 
Sorry to hear about Jade Davie - She was a lovey Dog.

My sympathy goes out to you mate - let me get you a drink.

I'll raise a glass for her tonight.
 
Been thinking about it all day, I was once told of a peom when we lost Toby, hope it helps.......

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER...
 
Well Ive decided that Im definately getting another GSD. The house and my work are far too quiet already. Not getting one just now but in the Autumn. So if anyone knows some reputable breeders....then let us know please. :D
I want to see the pups with their Mum....none of that puppy farm rubbish. I got her from a breeder in Lossiemouth but I dont think I could go back....theres a wee story behind that.

Im getting Her ashes back sometime this week and going to get her buried in my Dad's garden.....thinking about getting a wee boulder with a brass plaque :thumbs:
 
So sorry mate - a beautiful girl. You did the right thing by her and I hope Ian's poem comes true.

ATB
Henners
 
Back
Top Bottom