It just looked and sounded.......

dseered

New member
so damn good, I really shouldn't but I just can't get it out of my head, no re-mapping needed either, where is the drool smilie ?

RACEFIT.jpg
 
I'll second that (Wee) Ian - it would certainly have benefitted from a good session at the polishers
 
Scottch said:
I'll second that (Wee) Ian - it would certainly have benefitted from a good session at the polishers


Yea and whats the point in retaining a Cat in the link pipe ? ? ? ? HUH
 
I dare say you could buy the termi cat free link pipe to go with the racefit exhaust :dunno:
 
Scottch said:
I dare say you could buy the termi cat free link pipe to go with the racefit exhaust :dunno:

that would be a good idea, then get a PCIII and get it Dyno'd

i wonder what the results would be in comparison to the Termi's

/ian
 
Then you are getting into Termi and ECU prices, performance is good enough for me, just want some noise, thought my bike had stalled at the weekend, bloody noisy Ducati's mine was whispering !
 
dseered said:
Then you are getting into Termi and ECU prices, performance is good enough for me, just want some noise, thought my bike had stalled at the weekend, bloody noisy Ducati's mine was whispering !

tell me about it ian, i sold my termis when i planned to sell the 749 a few months back. wish i had kept them. mind u i did get £700 on ebay for them.

/ian
 
Ian,

Please bear in mind if you do go with the racefit box.

(and I'm not trying to tell my Granny how to sook eggs) Your 749 currently has 2 catalytic convertors.

1 in the link pipe below the engine from the forward cylinder.

The other is in the exhaust silencer and is only fed by the pipework from the rear cylinder.

By going with racefit you will retain the catalytic convertor in the forward link pipe and remove the other in the standard silencer.

I'm not sure how good an idea it is to strangle one cylinder while allowing the other to breathe easier and what effects that may have on other aspects of your engine.

I'm hope someone more technically minded than I will pop in with their thoughts soon!
 
I had the good fortune to meet Jon, one of the co owners of Racefit at the NEC last year.
My son Alex ended up with an exhaust for his 125cc Xsport which he is having a go in the NW Supermoto series. we have fitted it with a free flowing filter and jetted the carb and you want to see this thing go now, and the sound is fanastic. Happy day's!!
I asked Jon about making a set of 50/60mm outlets in Titanium for my SP, no problem. The Racefit 999 exhausts are the dogs as well. The attention to detail is A1.
By the way I cannot recommend this guy enough he will do anything you want and is a top bloke to boot.

Just say where you got his details from!! It might help with some discount for my cans:beer:

Jon Keeling

Racefit Ltd
6 Stancliffe House
Whitworth Road
Darley Dale
Matlock
DE4 2HJ

T: +44 (0)1629 735071

If a get chance I will post a photo of the Xsport can!!
 
dseered said:
Then you are getting into Termi and ECU prices, performance is good enough for me, just want some noise, thought my bike had stalled at the weekend, bloody noisy Ducati's mine was whispering !

you're nice spankin wheels made up for the noise mate:thumbs:

I think Racefit would be a step backwards dude - they look a bit clunky
 
SS_al said:
you're nice spankin wheels made up for the noise mate:thumbs:

I think Racefit would be a step backwards dude - they look a bit clunky


yea the wheels do ! i actually like them, they go really well against the white numberboard & singleseat. My mate martyn commented that they looked great. Good Job !

/ian :thumbs:
 
Not for me I have to say, I've seen the racefit can on a duke and it's f'ugly to say the least, it's way too long and doesn't suit the standard seat unit IMO, not too bad on Gizmo's style seat being slightly bigger.

But as Scottch rightly points out you need more than just the end can because of the design of the original system and then a PCIII and map/dyno time.

The only one I'd consider apart from a termi is the Leo Vinci system now that is a work of art, and to be honest is of a better build quality than termignoni but dukes and termi's go hand in hand.
 
Freak said:
Not for me I have to say, I've seen the racefit can on a duke and it's f'ugly to say the least, it's way too long and doesn't suit the standard seat unit IMO, not too bad on Gizmo's style seat being slightly bigger.

But as Scottch rightly points out you need more than just the end can because of the design of the original system and then a PCIII and map/dyno time.

The only one I'd consider apart from a termi is the Leo Vinci system now that is a work of art, and to be honest is of a better build quality than termignoni but dukes and termi's go hand in hand.

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

/ian
 
Freak said:
not too bad on Gizmo's style seat being slightly bigger.

You saying i've got a fat ar5e?? :D :D

TBH i don't think any boxy 999 can looks good, you need to hide the thing under carbon and the seatunit. The termi is a weird shape underneath and the Racefit one looks a bit more oval shaped. by the time you add in the carbon cover that comes with a termi it can't be that much cheaper.
 
Back
Top Bottom