Is It Any Wonder?

AnonymousUser1

Elite Member
Scams, scams, scams . . . .

I am trying to book a train ticket to London sing the GWR app on my phone. Every time I try to sign in, it causes an error. So I uninstall the app and then reinstall it. First it tells me that they are doing some maintenance and then it still errors meaning that I cannot sign in, If I was travelling now and needed the ticket for barriers, or showing the guard, then I would be completely foooked! Who the fck does maintenance of a train app during the day on a Tuesday?

Then, I get he standard scam email:-
1706028680025.webp


Is it any wonder, when genuine apps are worse than useless, that people fall for scams? The coding level is not much different.
 
Scams, scams, scams . . . .

I am trying to book a train ticket to London sing the GWR app on my phone. Every time I try to sign in, it causes an error. So I uninstall the app and then reinstall it. First it tells me that they are doing some maintenance and then it still errors meaning that I cannot sign in, If I was travelling now and needed the ticket for barriers, or showing the guard, then I would be completely foooked! Who the fck does maintenance of a train app during the day on a Tuesday?

Then, I get he standard scam email:-
View attachment 96856

Is it any wonder, when genuine apps are worse than useless, that people fall for scams? The coding level is not much different.
Use Trainline app👍, miles better, and sorts out cheapest options, GWR needs to be changed in WWR, Worst Western Railways, they are a shower of shit😡
 
Use Trainline app👍, miles better, and sorts out cheapest options, GWR needs to be changed in WWR, Worst Western Railways, they are a shower of shit😡
I stopped using The Trainline app years ago. It made strange choices for me that I didn't want. Yes, I miss out on savings by not wanting to go from Bristol Parkway to London via York, but I live with that! but the real reason was that when I was using my phone to book tickets on the fly - literally, as I was travelling - I found the GWR app more accurate - but that is something that I will review as they seem to be set on wrecking something that worked perfectly well and that is a very GWR thing to do!
 
A day later and the GWR app still does not work :(

You can only message them via WhatsApp, which I have done. Incompetence seems to be a treasured skill these days. You only have to look at our government and what's is happening in America for confirmation!

Anyway, train ticket and hotel booked and I will happily argue with anyone who tries to doubt me as I have emails - just no tickets.

This London appointment at The Shard, is for the other side. Although they have accepted liability they send me around the country as punishment.

From London Paddington, I need to use the Elizabeth line on a Sunday, so that virtually guarentees that it will not be working. I will make a final decision when I get to Padders, but if the tube is really screwed up, then I will kust take a taxi! The other side pay so screw 'em!
 
A day later and the GWR app still does not work :(

You can only message them via WhatsApp, which I have done. Incompetence seems to be a treasured skill these days. You only have to look at our government and what's is happening in America for confirmation!

Anyway, train ticket and hotel booked and I will happily argue with anyone who tries to doubt me as I have emails - just no tickets.

This London appointment at The Shard, is for the other side. Although they have accepted liability they send me around the country as punishment.

From London Paddington, I need to use the Elizabeth line on a Sunday, so that virtually guarentees that it will not be working. I will make a final decision when I get to Padders, but if the tube is really screwed up, then I will kust take a taxi! The other side pay so screw 'em!
Can one not rent a Ferrari in Gloucestershire :unsure:
 
Back
Top Bottom