Interceptor

wadesnj

Well-known member
Subscriber
While my Monster 1000Sie was away having a big desmo service (£1300 since you ask) I was tempted by the very good deal on new pre-registered Royal Enfields at Appleyards and bought a Red and Chrome (they call it the Mk2 for some reason) Interceptor 650. Well, I have just completed the miles to the first service, which it is going in for on Thursday this week. I must say that I am really enjoying riding it, it has loads of character, the motor is smooth and torquey and it is very comfortable and easy to ride. Totally different to the Monster, it is on skinny tyres on 18" rims, so it steers quickly and is very light on the move, although a bit of a lump to push around. I love the styling, I suppose because I am an old fart now! It gets a lot of admiring looks and chats, mainly from other old farts!

1741100744267.webp
 
I am enjoying buying "trinkets" for the Interceptor (c. H. Cole). So far I have bought a set of Powerage silencers from India, a DNA intake kit, adjustable levers, a small Puig flyscreen, an extended sidestand and a set of soft bags (still to fit).

It is a fun alternative to the Monster in a charming old school way, and as cheap as chips to buy new - I only paid £5,199. Less than half the price of the 937 Monster I was considering last year. So I'll just keep the old Monster and tootle about in my old age on both - I'm 70 in June.

1741101122470.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom