I want a new camera......

...I fear I've sent you the same email twice at 3 mb I do apologise
 
Do'h!

I've left my PC on at work - it's downloaded your e-mail before I could get it here!

I'll see them first thing in the morning mate
 
Scottch said:
Have you taken many panning shots with it mate?

Looks a monster for sure, but at £720 I think you got a goody at that.

There's one on e-bay just now (used), still under warranty for £625 (buy it now) - I'd rather see one first though, just to get an idea of the weight.

Don't suppose you're coming down to Knockhill on Thursday night?

Cheers!

...talking of pannning shots, This is a regular sight over the house, bearing in mind The guys strapped to this GR4 are doing about 600 knots (unfortunately they don't much faster over land) and it's zoomed right up the 500mm (read 800mm) it's relatively clear. If I had a bigger lens, say 1200mm I reckon I could zoom right in on the ear-ro-ear grins the guys have on their faces!!!

...Lucky @@@@@@@s!!:mad:
 
Last edited:
Ed,

Forgot to say mate, thanks for the pictures!

They're belters for sure - that lens is a beast :eek:

Still not sure which way to go though - Canon 100-400 IS L or a Bigma like yours!

Like the Canon because it has the IS function incorporated - lots of benefits in that alone, but chaaaa-ching!
 
it's all £££££££££££££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

but hey we only live once!!!
 
ProjectImola004 said:
...what do you want to know

I don't know what I need to know, lets face it I am going to go into the camera shop and look like a right numpty, I feel that I have the potential to take good pictures, just need to know how to set the camera up really, or is auto good ?
 
Some of the programmed settings are excellent already Ian - then with time you'll appreciate what each element does and what effect altering it will provide.

You can't help but fiddle with these things ;)

Have you settled on a camera yet?
 
dseered said:
I don't know what I need to know, lets face it I am going to go into the camera shop and look like a right numpty, I feel that I have the potential to take good pictures, just need to know how to set the camera up really, or is auto good ?

Remember, there is no such thing a a stupid question, there's only stupid answers!!

The wonderful thing about a Digital SLR is that you have the option to wack it onto auto if you want to snap party pics for example, but you also have many other programmes and options to be creative. I personally always leave the camera on Manual and like to 'create'. I always park it on 'P' such that if I need to grab the camera (like with the Tornado) it is set ready to run at 5 frames per second.
I did a City & Guilds at my local college a few years back which I found very useful, but all you really need is an eye for an image and a good bit of glass in front of the camera. I also have only just got into Digital. I still have my old faithful Canon A1 bodies and assortment of lenses!
 
the thing I like about 'P' on the 20D is unlike Fully automatic, one can still set multishot, single shot or timer, so with fast moving things that thrash over the house with very little warning, I can point and reel off 20 pics in short succession (and hope that one comes out!!! :)
 
Nope, had a busy week and not really had chance to get looking in any detail, been weighing up video / bullet cam or SLR, I would get alot of satisfaction from the DiGi SLR though so that is the route I will take.

I want to take shots of

People, portraits and very close ups.

Landscapes, mostly hills and stuff.

General snapping.

Bikes, moving and stationary.

My dog !

Have full Adobe creative suite aswell that I am slowly getting to grips with so should be OK, next thing will be a better computer !:eek:
 
Back
Top Bottom