i phone and BIG Brother..... I never knew this..

NOODS

Subscriber
Was shown this last night and i never realised this about the i phone..

If you follow the instructions below you will be able to see the history of your movements, by foot by car by bike, it matters not which way.. It even shows a map of where you’ve been..

So, not only can big Brother watch your movements but if your Mrs knows this she can see exactly where you’ve been and for how long too, not that you’ve been up to no good obv..

If you go...

Settings..
Privacy..
Location services..
Then scroll right down to the bottom till you find ... system services ..
Click on that and scroll down to ..
Significant locations....
Your might need you password here but once in there you will see your places visits history etc..
Click on those and you will get a map etc..

This is a default setting apparently which obviously they don’t tell you about ..

You can once you know about it, switch it off..

My history past shows a lot of visits to A place of interest in Stratford East London.. Can’t think why... X

Char

Elite Member
Subscriber
It’s brilliant when I want to know where a photo was taken & when - you just look at the metadata

I let the oh know where I am on google maps in case we get separated on a ride out , saves loads of hassle trying to describe where I am

don’t want people to know what I’m doing then leave phone at home & don’t post on forums 👀

Exige

Elite Member
Subscriber
It’s brilliant when I want to know where a photo was taken & when - you just look at the metadata

I let the oh know where I am on google maps in case we get separated on a ride out , saves loads of hassle trying to describe where I am

don’t want people to know what I’m doing then leave phone at home & don’t post on forums 👀
👀

West Cork Paul

Elite Member
Subscriber
Even if you turn off location services for everything you will still be tracked via your mobile service provider who can look back at their records and work out exactly where you were any time of day or night.

Then, of course there are all the satellites than can track you ...

Why worry about it ? Unless you’re a criminal or don’t want your significant other to know where you’ve been.

Darkness

Elite Member
Subscriber
Even if you turn off location services for everything you will still be tracked via your mobile service provider who can look back at their records and work out exactly where you were any time of day or night.

Then, of course there are all the satellites than can track you ...

Why worry about it ? Unless you’re a criminal or don’t want your significant other to know where you’ve been.

If they are tracking me, they’ll think I haven’t moved off the sofa for a couple of weeks as my phone is plugged in and I leave it there!