I need a......?

Gizmo

Forum Geek
Chatting about what we can all do to help each other out as business gets tougher on another forum I'm adding this section for any upnorth user to add details of their business or services they can offer to fellow upnorth users. For example if you are a plumber start a thread called Plumber and the post would contain details of how to contact you, area you cover etc.

Please keep posts on topic, this is meant to be an attempt to help each other out, we've got plenty of other places to take the pee.

If you are looking for a service you should be able to use the advanced search and restrict it to this forum so it should be relatively easy to find.

Think of it like yellow pages but more of a Ducati red pages :)

Hopefully over time it'll build up into a useful resource and we can help each other out.

gordj65

personally ive taken full advantage of this as i think it is a brilliant idea. me if at all possible id rather give my business to someone i know however distantly than to some complete stranger

Gizmo

Forum Geek
thought about this a bit more and its easy enough for anyone who's used a service to add a recommendation simply by rating the thread :thumbs:

Gizmo

Forum Geek
one other little feature i just found in vbulletin is that i can set the way the "I need a" forum displays threads, usually irs set to last post date but I've swapped this forum to alphabetical by thread title so for example Central Heating will appear before Photographer, it should make it easier to scroll through and find what you want. If you don't like it this way click the "last post" link next to rating, replies and views column headers and it'll go to sorted by time.

Gizmo

Forum Geek
Just a quick bump on this, the idea is that its for upnorth users and contributors to advertise the business they own or work in and not a place for free ads or services. Got no problem with anyone advertising their own work and all I'd hope for is that if business results from this section a contribution towards the running of upnorth could be considered.

Mr C

Got a little job to do with the driveaway very soon.
I need 30 tons of Hardcore 20 tons of Golden gravel and 10 tons of 20mm buff sandstone.

Longshot i know!

jimmyrosko

Oh well this could be a bit of a long shot as well, But if ya dont ask....

I need some fencing for round my garden,

Rails: 1/1.2"x3"x 14 foot ............ 76 Off

Slats: 3/4"x4"x 6 foot ........... 1,400 Off

I will be sending out for quoted prices during January for the above...:D

69jme69

uve just missed Santa matey :p :p

jimmyrosko

Credit Crunch Jamie and the January Sales :p The timber yards and builders merchants would bite yer head off for this order :D

mr-orange

just a thought

jimmy are you looking for materials or some one to put up your fence.
i have my own garden maitanence/landscaping business. fencing is my speciality. :)
i live in falkirk but can travel.
if i can be off any assistance let me know.
how about 10% dicount for ducatisti :)
ps. best advice you want 60 @ 8' posts (2.4m) if you want this thing to stay up. (1.8 meters between each post)
you have 107 meters round the perimiter of your garden thats a fair sized piece of land.
if this is correct why do you need so many slats? 1070 should be enough if you do not want to leave a gap.
if you want to leave a 12 mm gap 955 will do the job. i few extra if u want a gate or 2.
i'd get the post borer and my nails guns oot for that one.
14' = 4.2m x 76 = 319.2m / 3 (as u would use rails in 3's) = 106.4m x 1.8m (351.12' x 6') of fence.
would be interesting to know if i am at all far of the mark or not.
if i am correct i just saved you around £250 - £300
www.jimclarkgardens.spaces.live.com

Last edited: