Heath Robinson - Hold my Beer

1418

Well-known member
Subscriber
I like doing a bit of photography, mainly Aircraft and night sky's.
I have a 150/600 Sigma lens which is a bit on the heavy side. I bought a tripod that packs down to the size of a large cola bottle so I can carry it on the bike even with that it's difficult to keep steady and also pan.

"Stay Awake"

Back in the 90's part of my job was to hide and take photos of naughty people. For that we had a stock and foregrip with a camera bolted to it. It was rock steady
Ive searched the Internet and nothing like it exists.
So I took the centre part from my tripod and bodged my own. Works a treat with a remote trigger
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251012_123725_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20251012_123725_Gallery.webp
    67.7 KB · Views: 204
An AR style Buttstock may fit onto that tube. Airsoft or BB would be the cheapest source. Would look better than the Meccano look.
I searched online for rifle/airgun/shotgun butt's but nothing cheap. My rig is nil expenditure and does the job it's easy to dismantle and tuck away on the bike. Think of it as a Bimota and it becomes a thing of beauty.
P.S I think exi's Bimota is a thing of beauty
 
I searched online for rifle/airgun/shotgun butt's but nothing cheap. My rig is nil expenditure and does the job it's easy to dismantle and tuck away on the bike. Think of it as a Bimota and it becomes a thing of beauty.
P.S I think exi's Bimota is a thing of beauty

wise.gif
 
I searched online for rifle/airgun/shotgun butt's but nothing cheap. My rig is nil expenditure and does the job it's easy to dismantle and tuck away on the bike. Think of it as a Bimota and it becomes a thing of beauty.
P.S I think exi's Bimota is a thing of beauty

I didn't realise free drugs Sunday was still going :unsure:
 
I searched online for rifle/airgun/shotgun butt's but nothing cheap. My rig is nil expenditure and does the job it's easy to dismantle and tuck away on the bike. Think of it as a Bimota and it becomes a thing of beauty.
P.S I think exi's Bimota is a thing of beauty
Exi has a new Bimota?

Are there pics?
 
I searched online for rifle/airgun/shotgun butt's but nothing cheap. My rig is nil expenditure and does the job it's easy to dismantle and tuck away on the bike. Think of it as a Bimota and it becomes a thing of beauty.
P.S I think exi's Bimota is a thing of beauty
I’m surprised you can take photos while carrying a white stick and holding a Labrador
 
Back
Top Bottom